performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 07-22-05, 08:05 AM   #41
LUCKY DIAMOND RICH

Default Rexy Baby!

Hello Rex,
I got your email,and glad to hear your well.Could you send me a copy via email of that addition of Bizzare Mag!Love to you and Shara and the kids

LDR
Old 07-22-05, 08:11 AM   #42
Rex Boyd
Kansas Man in Exile

Hey Lucky,

I'm an idiot. I didn't buy the magazine, I just browsed through it and saw you and now the newstands have the next month's issue on sale. Maybe it's possible to get a back issue from the magazine. I'll check into it.

Has anybody else seen it?

Rex
Rex Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-05, 08:22 AM   #43
Rex Boyd
Kansas Man in Exile

I found this on the Bizarre website:

For Back Issues of Bizarre call +44 01458 271 270

I couldn't find any photos from that issue on their website however, but if anyone wants to look at lots of bizarre stuff you can find loads at:

http://www.bizarremag.com/

I haven't actually looked at their site yet. My wife and kids are in the house and I don't want them to have nightmares. : )

Rex
Rex Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 07:34 PM   #44
Paddy

pssst... it is 14 years later. I stopped street performing about 5 years ago. Still do Glastonbury. I compered Gazzo. He liked one of my gags/I might have given him a new gag. We have lost Butterfly. Who from this conversation/bicker is still out there?
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 11:48 AM   #45
space commander
Space Commander

Send a message via Skype™ to space commander
Default Where's the party?

I was living in Australia until 2004, then Abi and I split up and I ended up living in Belgium waiting for a new engine for my bus. Sometime around 2009 I moved to Berlin where I ran an improv room, taught classes and did a street show designed specifically for Berlin called "Groove Machine". In 2012, I officially released my book " The Pavement Stage", a chronicle of all the performers and shows and stuff I encountered from 1977 thru until 2012. Then my daughter Grace was born and we gave up our European lives so I could take a job as a clown at Cirque du Soleil in Montreal, then Las Vegas. My contract ended abruptly and I found myself doing street shows again in 2013 in Vancouver. I am now Associate Producer at The Vancouver International Busker Festival...

Today I am in Campbellton, New Brunswick, doing street shows in a hurricane.

Yay.

This chat room feels like a time capsule, likely looking at the after effects of a party long since ended. Nobody swept up the glitter or streamers

For an updated view of what I am thinking now, buy my book "The Pavement Stage". Revised to include observations and articles about street performing, the public space and freedom of speech worldwide. For more information send me an email.
space commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 02:13 PM   #46
gav

Party's not here any more David. Everybody just uses Facebook. I check up on this place every now and then to see if there's any new gigs posted, which does still happen.
I've been performing 25 years this year !!! Hard to believe. No more Leopardman, now I'm Jack Flash. 60% different show, gradually changing to 90% different over the course of the next 12 months. Have a wealth of idea, but since I have another career growing in the background, too little time to realize them all. Keen to help others develop their shows !!
gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 09:48 PM   #47
Gregory Rush

Default 20 wil get you 40

Why stop? Even thoughI could survive off paid gigs I prefer street performing, the last 4th of July makes it like, lets see...37 years, no end in sight.
Also about 4 years or more doing shows in my garage, hell it goes so far back,
but as far as busking on the streets, yup, 37 years, so far
Gregory Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 07:13 PM   #48
Daniel Mooncalf

Default Just entered my 3rd year full time...

Is there a Facebook group for pnet? I'd love to join!
Old 07-28-14, 10:23 PM   #49
Jim
Your Host

Butterfly

I put up a performers.net page on facebook back when I joined in 2009, but I never did anything with it. It's got more cobwebs than this site!

https://www.facebook.com/performersnet

Speaking of 20 years... I've been performing professionally for 22 years now and performers.net began it's life as the Busker Bulletin Board in late 1996... so that's about 18 years ago! The name change and official launch came in 1997.

Like I keep saying, this site has become an archive. It still gets a lot of traffic from google searches... people searching for info on performing. But the green room feel has long since passed. I'm happy and proud to have hosted the discussion for all these years.
Old 07-29-14, 12:04 AM   #50
Gregory Rush

Keep up the great attitude Jim, we love you.
Long live your sites! I often see many non members
reading the topics. I know you would never take it down
A fanatic
Gregory Rush is offline   Reply With Quote