Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > FESTIVAL DISCUSSIONS

Old 08-26-09, 05:35 PM   #41
Dallas
Pier 60 Clearwater, Fl

Send a message via MSN to Dallas

Nicholas and I had a great time!
Old 08-26-09, 11:08 PM   #42
USD13

Krendl is making money off of all of the performers there and that is the bottom line and all he cares about!

Last edited by USD13; 08-26-09 at 11:11 PM.
USD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 03:12 AM   #43
elbonko
Casual Observer

Default wrong

USD13, I'm curious if you have ever worked this gig, what your personal experience is and if you could back that up with even the credibility of a real name.

Because, as a close friend of Krendl's, I know for a fact that the accusation that he only cares about the money he makes off the acts here is total and complete bullshit.

Thanks for playing, please try again.

-Aaron Bonk

www.AaronBonk.com
elbonko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 09:11 AM   #44
jeep caillouet

This is starting to sound like Mallory Sq. Maybe I could get hired there. I got experience.
Old 08-27-09, 12:24 PM   #45
USA BREAK DANCERS

"However, Will would NOT be able to conduct himself that way near Pier 60's playground."

So according to that quote you are saying Will is capable of doing what he was accused of but Will new better then to do it at pier 60 because you guys don't play that shit?

I don't know about any incident in a hotel it was not mentioned in the letter given to me by the supervisor of the Beach Street USA. I will have a word with the guys and see what that was all about even though the evidence is already there in the letter I have and there was no mention of this alleged incident at the hotel. The mere fact that you brought it up and not the employees of Beach Street USA shows you are doing everything in your power to shmeer our name.

What your motivation for this is a mystery to me other then your doing some serious ass kissing down there?
USA BREAK DANCERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 01:31 PM   #46
USD13

I have never worked in Washington D.C. but I know of the corruption and wasteful spending of our elected officials. I have never worked for the major automakers but I am sure of their mismanagement. And unlike Mr. Elbonko I have never resorted to profanity to get my point across.

Jeep you are hired and bring that little dog with you.

USA Breakers sorry this had to happen to you.
Old 08-27-09, 03:43 PM   #47
Doctor Eric

Can we go back to talking about Thom's dead mom again?

!?www.ericcash.com?!
Doctor Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 06:28 PM   #48
elbonko
Casual Observer

Default aww.

So, USD13, let me make sure I understand your attempt to dance around the direct answers.

-No, you have no personal experience with this particular matter here and don't know what the heck you are talking about.

-You do not have the temerity to step out from anonymity and accept responsibility for your unverified accusations.

-You have never in your life used language deemed profane by anyone else in the expression of a point and think that that somehow gives your point more accuracy over a much more correct point that has been made with the use of one colorful word.

Just checking.

Maybe if your point was correct or had any sort of backing evidence, then it wouldn't matter how the frick you said it.

Next contestant, please.

May you have a wonderful day!

-Aaron Bonk

www.AaronBonk.com
Old 08-28-09, 06:39 AM   #49
Stiffy the Robot

Default Performing in Japan

Sorry I dont know how to post new thread.
Can anyone share some info about performing in Japan? I'm trying to find a trustworthy english speaking agent over there. I'm looking to go over and find a variety of work if possible. Street performance, festivals, theatres, stand-up clubs, television, etc. Its calling me but I dont speak the language. Any thoughts on where to begin?
Thanks
Stiffy the Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 12:50 PM   #50
Dallas
Pier 60 Clearwater, Fl

I was not present for either event. I only stated what was told to me by both the Beach Street staff and employees of the eatery that complained about Will in the first place.
I also heard your side Julio. I agreed with you on several aspects of your complaint, however, I told you to your face, that Will's actions were questionable.
You were upset with many different things that night.
But, you also worked for 12 days and didn't have any problems.
Old 08-30-09, 04:55 PM   #51
Storm Surge

Stop Drama, Drama everywhere

I know the all the people involved in what is being talked about except Jesus. Hope all goes better for all involved. I like most of you. I even like some of the green shirts.
Storm Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 09:20 AM   #52
jesus

Send a message via Yahoo to jesus

Eric,
One of my testicals was redacted after clarification!
Just thought I'd let you know.

"an honorable and decent human being"
jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 10:58 AM   #53
USD13

Default Here's you next contestant Elbonko!

OK Mr. Elbonko you asked who's next like you won something. What about Mr. Martin Ewen's post below concerning this venue and the people who run it.

Martin Ewen wrote:

I've known of this gig as long as Hilbies been doing it. It was run by someone else and then the present organisers went behind her back and took it from her by touting themselves and degrading her abilities.There were some performers who knew it was going down and were communicating with both parties before the axe came down. Quite uncomfortable.
That's all I needed to know. Sneaky little self serving manipulator lightweights.

anyone administratively enters your circle during your show for their own reasons deserves no respect whatsoever. But whatever, we're all whores when we take money and give up busking for steady cash. Some pimps are obviously better than others.

I'd do it. I enjoy working with fragile overcompensating pillocks drunk on their own authority I smother them to death with sarcastic pity like the indian in the last scene in Cuckoos nest.
Old 08-31-09, 02:48 PM   #54
tacrowl

Default ?

USD13,
Martin apparently has some knowledge of the history of the event. Hilby worked the event from the beginning and continues to enjoy Beach Street. He told me the story behind the management change while I was there. As evidenced here, there are at least two sides to every tale.

Still, Martin's post about is a long way from your accusation of Krendl.

If you do not have first hand experience with this event, (which obviously you do not) then I do not see what gives you any right to make any comments. Please go play somewhere else.
Old 08-31-09, 08:02 PM   #55
Dallas
Pier 60 Clearwater, Fl

Never once did Hilby mention to me either of any complaints about the event.

After myself and one of the green shirts discussed our issue, I never had a problem again. Shane, Bert, Robert, and all the rest took good care of Nicholas and I.
Krendl has always been honest and helpful. I know he even supplied a pa system.
As far as him making money, that's what it all about! I know I make money from him.
Once again, we had a blast!
Old 08-31-09, 08:46 PM   #56
tacrowl

Default Clarification

Dallas,
Hilby did not mention any complaints. Didn't mean to make it sound that way, if it did.

Hilby and I were talking one night about how long he had been working Beach Street and he told me how his act continued through the management change. No complaints, no accusations, just how he was able to continue with no hard feelings on either side.

I only mentioned it because of USD13 using Martin's quote to justify his accusation of Krendl.

Last edited by tacrowl; 08-31-09 at 08:49 PM.
tacrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-09, 01:33 PM   #57
elbonko
Casual Observer

Default lively

Mr. or Miss or Mrs. USD13, whoever you may be.

Win? no.

Look, what i realize is that when we of the performing world bicker with aggression, nobody wins. I apologize for my aggressive manor of response. When someone I know to be a decent human being and friend gets unjustly judged and insulted, my initial reaction tends to be rather impassioned. So, in the interest of favoring informative discussion over escalating argument, I will tell what I know of my personal experience here.

This has been my 3rd season working for Beach Street and I enjoy this gig. I do think this program has a number of good points and bad points. I would love to discuss all of them in great detail with anyone who wants to contact me privately.

As far as the quote from Martin on what he had heard happened here, I was not here at that time and cannot give an accurate account and prefer not to fuel the fire with further here-say. I do know this:

The person, of whom I believe Martin was speaking, who was in charge of booking some of the acts for Beach Street still works for Beach Street as a performer. I would think that if anything severely underhanded went down, that she would not continue to do so.

I also know this: Every year, Krendl submits a proposal to the “current organizers” and faces off against other people who also submit proposals. For whatever reason, the “current organizers” keep choosing Krendl--probably because he does such a great job getting quality acts down here and does so for a fee that is very reasonable.

I have personally seen Krendl bend over backwards to try to help out the performers he books. I have seen him provide equipment to acts who didn’t pay enough attention to their contract to know that they were supposed to provide everything necessary to do a street show. I have seen him defend his acts to the “current organizers.” I have seen him do his best to try to book other work for his out-of-town acts outside of Beach Street to make it a little more worth our while to be down here. I have seen him constantly and severely overworked and stressed out for an entire summer because of dealing with petty, unprofessional issues on the side of both the organizers and the performers.

Think what you want of the program, but Krendl is the booking agent that the program hires and he has to answer to all of the orders and edicts sent down by the non-performer bureaucrats for whom he works.

In regards to the other performers who were fired or quit this year, I have only this to say:

Geoff/Thom/Jesus--When I got here I was bummed to hear about what happened to you. I have heard a lot about your show and was rather looking forward to seeing it. I hope I get another chance soon.

Julio--had a great time hanging with you and your crew. Hope to do so again.

Otherwise, much love and heavy hats to you, my fellow performers.

Sincerely,

Aaron Bonk

P.S. Eric, thanks for the laugh.

www.AaronBonk.com
Old 09-01-09, 04:21 PM   #58
ari

USA Dick is a Shane

As a native to Va. Beach that attends Beach Street as a local I can tell you this:
Shane is the wrong name for a guy who should be called his true name "Dick". I've seen him level all kinds of shit at performers. I know one guy who ended up doing a cups and balls routine after being hired for a flaming skateboard show. I've been present as he asked performers about how to get "the pot heads with fire" to do a better show. I've seen him let jugglers with fire and whips leave balloons, spaghetti, paper and even celery on the pitch while chewing out "the pot heads with fire" for leaving a mess. (An ice cream spilled on the ground outside an ice cream stand by a tourist that didn't watch their show or talk to them.) Yep! Dick is a Shane.
Paul is a great guy who encouraged me to put in a packet several times. I see him go out to dinner with the crew even though it can sometimes be more than an hour back to his home in Suffolk. I even know how he spends money out of his pocket to buy mattresses for performers that are sleeping in his house. (Yeah so what if they sucked, he tried, he failed and he got really good deals for you from the hotel.)
Dick is a Shane.
Jesus, do you really think in a town that is the proud neighbor of PETA you could even look at an animal without getting shit about how photons bouncing off the animal being absorbed by your retina was causing emotional suffering to the animal. I'm sure your dog was well cared for. But these people are idiots. And Dick is a Shane.
As for who and why Beach Street is run the way it is today vs. the past, do you think anything run by a city will be totally fair and upright? Dick is a Shane.
For those of you under the impression that greenshirts are there to help you. Get real. They work for the man. Dick is a Shane
Did I mention that, Dick is a Shane?
One thing that none of you are all skipping, How the hell do we get rid of the damn street preachers. Not the ones like the guy who runs around on his amigo and has fun with people, the ones who call marines “baby killers” and twelve year old girls sluts while holding signs that end up putting the tourists in a bad mood making your jobs as entertainors that much harder. Dick is a Shane.

Last edited by ari; 09-01-09 at 04:23 PM.
ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-09, 04:44 PM   #59
ari

Wink Name Change

I think that we should teach little kids cute names for all their body parts. Fingers could be named things like Dallas or Bonk. Feet could be called Julio or Will. I think the perfect name for the anus proper would be Shane.
By the way if Beach Street got out of the way and just let performers make tips, you could all do better. In addition to Virginia Beach having more people on the government contractor payroll making over $200,000 a year than Washington has people with split tounges, they also have some pretty pricy time shares. The restraunts reflect it as well. Several charge over $25 for the shrimp appitizers. I think you could probably make more money if they just let you take tips.
ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-09, 05:10 PM   #60
jesus

Send a message via Yahoo to jesus

Gee, I was there and I got a bit screwed.
And then I moved on to discussing dead parents and missing body parts, can't we all do that?

"an honorable and decent human being"
jesus is offline   Reply With Quote