performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > FESTIVAL DISCUSSIONS

Old 09-02-09, 02:44 AM   #61
USA BREAK DANCERS

Ass

"I also heard your side Julio. I agreed with you on several aspects of your complaint, however, I told you to your face, that Will's actions were questionable."

Could someone look back and read every post Dallas wrote about this topic and see if he ever defended our group or agreed on anything? Can someone please take the time out and do that for me, thank you?

You've been defending the Beach Street USA people the whole time you never spoke on our behalf, not one time. Dallas this whole time you've been bringing things up like allegations of an incident at the hotel from having to be provided a sound system you never defended us, not once.

Our group is one of the top street acts in the world were not a mediocre fire juggling act that tours in there van four dates a year. Our tour schedule was intense this summer
we flew to four different country's and over twelve different City's and States. You know what it would cost to travel with a PA system? I guess you wouldn't. Paul understood our situation that's why he was willing to provide a PA for us.

Kiss the icon on top of this post....

Last edited by USA BREAK DANCERS; 09-02-09 at 02:48 AM.
USA BREAK DANCERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 11:33 AM   #62
jeep caillouet

USA breakdancers, I've Heard Dallas speak of you guy's a lot and it has always been With due respect. He has always spoke highly of you guys. You know what Sonny Holidays always says "once you seen one juggler you've seen them all, They all do the same thing, Juggle". But I wouldn't say Dallas was just a mediocre juggler, he's damn good at it.He has also helped a lot of people including you. Think about it You guy's couldn't even make it in Key West. I know,I heard you guys bitching about it on this forum. That's why you guy's went to pier 60 and no further south. DR. Juice Still dances here so come on back down maybe you could learn some thing new from him like manners. As always you guy's are welcome here, and heck I'll even take you guy's sailing., that is if you guy's got the gut's to sail with a real hot dog! YEHAAAAAAA...
Old 09-02-09, 12:07 PM   #63
USA BREAK DANCERS

Wrong Jeep,
that's not why we went to Key West I live'd in the Tampa/St Petersburg area I was doing pier 60 before Dallas he was there more consistent then me that's why he got the job as street performer organizer. Yes, Dallas did speak very highly of us if you read this topic from the beginning I mention the type of relationship Dallas and our group had. One of those examples mentioning our group purchased flights to be at his wedding in an earlier post so there's no doubt we had a mutual respect for each other don't know why you mentioned it, but what ever.

The problem is what Dallas is doing now in order to keep a job Dallas said he agreed with us at some point in this thread. Jeep did you find anything he said about us on our behalf related to this topic?

Last edited by USA BREAK DANCERS; 09-02-09 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-02-09, 12:45 PM   #64
gav

Reading this is mostly pointless unless we know what Will did to get you in the shit.
I'm sure it probably was insignificant to most of us, but the organizers down there sound like real fascists. No shorts for costume ?What the ?
Obviously Dallas makes money on merch there and is hoping for a return gig.
USA break dancers are one of the best street acts in the world and it doesn't sound like that gig deserves them.
I would never let a gig dictate my costuming. Full stop.
gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 12:56 PM   #65
jeep caillouet

Just though you guy's where bashing Dallas. I'll bow out. But come on down I'll STILL take you guy's sailing. It'll be fun!
Old 09-02-09, 12:59 PM   #66
elbonko
Casual Observer

Default long and short of it

i really wonder what's up with that. i've worn shorts down here every day for 2 months.

www.AaronBonk.com
elbonko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 02:03 PM   #67
Ryan Dekoe

Default Vagina Beach

This was our second year at Beach Street. I will try to be as honest and straight forward about what we experienced during our time there.

So many hot women in Va Beach! I hooked up with this russian that worked at Sunsations... I love blondes!

The streets were kept clean and the beaches were groomed every night. From our balcony at our hotel we had a clear view of the ocean and the action on the walkway bellow. We got drunk a lot and partied quite a bit! Even rainy days were fun! We did some shopping and caught a movie at the local theater!

It was nice to walk around, play some mini-golf and work on tans. We have always fans of southern food and had some great samplings during our two week stay.

Fly by Night gives VA Beach four thumbs up! Ok... the hot russian blonde thing was a lie :-(
Ryan Dekoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 04:40 PM   #68
tacrowl

Default Ryan's blonde

Oh come on Ryan, he was a nice guy...
Old 09-02-09, 09:11 PM   #69
USA BREAK DANCERS

Jeep,
FYI Doctor Juice don't dance I know him from his Washington Square days in New York City he founded the Calypso Tumblers. Ask Dr. Juice about me I been Street performing just as long as he has. We both can teach other something but it certainly isn't manners that's the basics we both figured that out over twenty years ago. As far as making it in Key west is concerned it's not that we couldn't make it in Key west the problem was you guys didn't give us a fair chance to work. Were not street performers that hide behind Marketing people rules and by laws of some city officials we can make it happen where ever we go and we did make it happen on Duval Street.

Last edited by USA BREAK DANCERS; 09-02-09 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-02-09, 11:55 PM   #70
Rachel Peters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
Gee, I was there and I got a bit screwed.
And then I moved on to discussing dead parents and missing body parts, can't we all do that?
Jesus, how many testicles did your mother have removed?

www.rachelpeters.com
Rachel Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 04:31 AM   #71
ari

I think there is a lot of stuff here that people are clumping instead of separating.
USA: It looks like you have a long relationship with Dallas. Don't blow that over Dick.
Aaron: You should be smart enough to know that in the south not everyone gets the same treatment. Dick, with city backing, runs the show like a little hitler. Dick treats some performers with white gloves, others with the sharpest tongue he could muster.
Ryan: You are one of the shows that gets to leave shit all over the place. So I, for one, don't expect that you would understand some of the crap the other shows get. Dick doesn't treat everyone the way he treats you.
Jeep: Can I go sailing with you when I come to Key West? And... Just comparing the youtube videos of Dr. Juice and USA, leads me to believe you should know they are nothing alike.
Bottom line: Not all pitches are for all performers. There are still many in Virginia Beach, including Shane from conversations I've heard him partake in, that are happy enough without minorities being represented. Thinking over the performers I've seen in Beach Street, they are almost all white. There is the stilt walker last year, but he was an hourly employee making ten dollars an hour. This is a disgraceful.
Am I saying the city is racist as a whole? No. Am I saying many of the important people in town who hire people like Shane are? Yes. As such, Beach Street is looking for performers that reach out to a specific demographic. One that can afford to buy Gold Key time shares. Gold Key falsely assumes that people of minorities cannot afford what they have to offer. Over the next few years, as the economic times are hard, they will learn that money talks no matter who is holding it. As such, I expect, that outstanding acts such as USA Break-dancers, who happen to be minorities will be invited to participate in a more prominent way instead of being hassled by low-life’s in green shirts.
ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 08:56 AM   #72
jesus

Send a message via Yahoo to jesus
Stop My mum's nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Peters View Post
Jesus, how many testicles did your mother have removed?
Not as many as I'll redact from you next time I see you!!!!!

"an honorable and decent human being"
jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 12:40 PM   #73
Rachel Peters

i don't have many left.

www.rachelpeters.com
Old 09-03-09, 03:10 PM   #74
jeep caillouet

Thumbs Up sailing

Ari, It would be my pleasure.
Rachel,I just new there was a good reason that I love you,like I do. I'll take you sailing too! I don't care how many of them things you got.So come on down!
Old 09-03-09, 07:12 PM   #75
Dallas
Pier 60 Clearwater, Fl

Send a message via MSN to Dallas
Default Thanks jeep!

I think I stated in the first post that I loved you guys.

I still do. And you are welcome to Pier 60 any time.

As for travelling in my van, love it.
As for working only several fairs and festivals a year, love it.
As for being one of the only acts ithat doesn't have to travel, recieves a pay check, has a place to store my props, live 3 blocks from pitch, love it!

As far a mediocre, Fuck you!!!!!

I have never had to ask another performer for shit! I carry a spare everything!

I have loaned out more amps, mics, extension cords, my couch, floor , my references, information, picked up people of airports and even other cities.

Your upset because i mentioned incidents? Where any not true?

If in anyway I was untruthful let me know.

I'm off now to one of my four gigs. This one in Iowa.

I am proud to say I only work 4 gigs a year, but I perform nearly 365 days a year!!!
Old 09-04-09, 01:26 AM   #76
USA BREAK DANCERS

1) What Will was accused of that was not true but you made it sound like Will could be capable of such a lewd act in the presence of family's, those are the allegations that started this whole thing in the first place.

2) Krendle lending us a PA system is true but the way you made it sound like we were unprepared that's not true. I explained in advance to Krendle that we were flying to Virginia and we needed a PA. Remember we do a Break dance show we need a PA system with some size which is super expensive to put on a flight.

3) The allegations of a problem in the hotel and you saying what Will was accused of is what lead up to this whole thing is not true. A hotel incident was not mentioned in the letter written to me by the producers of Beach Street USA, only what Will was accused of.

Dallas your the one that brought all these things up in an effort to shmeer our name on behalf of the Green shirts in Virginia nobody els not even Krendle or any employees of the Beach Street USA program mentioned any details of this but you.

I see you looked back at all your previous post and all you could find was you loved us as a defense. I just gave you a whole list of things I know are not true and I can prove it, I have evidence. Where's your evidence? Show me where you spoke out on our behalf on this topic?

In my previous post I also asked any producer who had a bad experience with our group to post it on this forum, no one posted anything yet. On the other hand it seems there are more people that had bad experiences is Virginia then people with good experiences.

I wonder why that is?

PS don't call Paul or some employee of Beach Street USA to say something now to make you look good it's already to late we already know your the one puckering up your lips for them...
Old 09-04-09, 05:02 AM   #77
Doctor Eric

Is this thread still going? I think enough info has been presented here for everyone to figure out whether or not they'd like to work this shit gig. It's over. Let's all go over to Thom's dead mom's house.

!?www.ericcash.com?!
Doctor Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 10:19 AM   #78
Rachel Peters

But Eric doesn't eat white flour, so I'll bring a watermelon as an alternative to cookies and milk.
We can watch The Goonies.

www.rachelpeters.com
Old 09-04-09, 10:45 AM   #79
Storm Surge

Angry cut this bull out

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA BREAK DANCERS View Post
3) The allegations of a problem in the hotel and you saying what Will was accused of is what lead up to this whole thing is not true. A hotel incident was not mentioned in the letter written to me by the producers of Beach Street USA, only what Will was accused of.

Dallas your the one that brought all these things up in an effort to shmeer our name on behalf of the Green shirts in Virginia nobody els not even Krendle or any employees of the Beach Street USA program mentioned any details of this but you.
i think when dallas was speaking of the hotel he was speaking of the hotel that jesus left his dog at. not sure but considering he hasn't mentioned it again in referance to you is a pretty good sign. that and he was talking about both icedents that led to performers leaving.

i really don't think he would want to smeer you. one gig is not enough to make a ten year friendship worthless and he knows it. in fact building you up is more conducive to him furthuring his intrests as an event co-ordinator considering you have worked pier 60. we both have seen him have to distance himself from performers and we both know the way he does it is to shut up and back away. the simple fact he is here should tell you how much you guys meen to him.

if this is enough to bring your relationship to an end, let me know now. i thought busker friendships could outlast anything, even accusations of greed. if it does split your working relationship, i just might leave the noble streets for a life with less virtue using my seminary education.

Surge

p.s. julio what's up with your phone? call me.
Storm Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 10:48 PM   #80
jesus

Send a message via Yahoo to jesus
Stop Again with the dog

The dog was never at the hotel.
The way it was phrased I thought so too but it was cleared up to me in a private message, the Hotel incedent involved USABD.
That was was the subject of my redacted post.
I know I should have left it up.
I did nothing wrong except give zero respect to Sean from word one because he gave none to me.
It's never pleasent when two alphas go head to head.
I've said my peace and moved on.
Please leave me out of this.

"an honorable and decent human being"

Last edited by jesus; 09-04-09 at 10:53 PM.
jesus is offline   Reply With Quote