performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > FESTIVAL DISCUSSIONS

Old 09-10-04, 12:40 PM   #1
UCO

New Zealand Aussie deadlines

Hello out there.
I just have a couple of questions for the performerhood.
1: am I to late for the submissions to the australian festivals, Fremantle, Taste of Taz, ect? If not what are the deadlines? Is there any new busking/ fringe festivals this year.
2: Is a permit required in most cities?
3:If I take my show is the customs going to let me in?
Any info on this matter will keep me from the deep freeze of montreal for the winter, can't deal again.
Thank community and congrats to squid on the choice award.
Mason
UCO Show
Old 09-12-04, 12:13 PM   #2
UCO

Is anyone ever been in this situation?
Old 09-13-04, 12:49 PM   #3
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Australia

Things might have changed a bit but Im pretty sure a lot is still the same down in the land of OZ.

First of all, dont expect any street performer type fests to get back to you right away if you are from a foreign land (not NZ) my guess is that they have no intention of helping defray the travel expenses so they kind of well, ignore you until you show up on their doorstep, that is then welcome to the party and join on in!

This is not the case, however, for the Fringe Festivals (e.g. Adelaide) they (since you are paying them) have strict guidelines and dates for admission. Look em up theyre all different, Im sure.

Permits are an issue at the fringe fests but hardly anywhere else (except private property places like Darling Harbour etc.) I know things got much tighter after the Sydney Olympics but that was over 4 years ago and well, my experience is that if you live in the land of oversized bouncing rats and have the only poisonous mammal on the planet (no, Im not talking about Lucky) swimming alongside you on the most beautiful beaches in the world then you dont much care about much else except beer and pussy. I quess thats why I get along so well with them.

Customs, however, has changed with the times used to be you could just show up with your shit and have at it hell, I even was directed to some choice spots by an INS officer while he was going through my shit.

Today, thanks to Al Qaeda and the brits you should watch your step I always got the proper paperwork it was easy but a little time consuming my first go I got a Class TR VisitorP<<< Sub Class 676
Conditions 8101-No work and 8201-Max 3 mo. Non formal study then the next time I went I got a Class TE temporary ResidentP<<< Sub class 420
With Conditions 8107 & 8109 Work Limitations I reapplied while in the country and received a Class UC Temporary Resident P<<< Sub class 456 and got the sweet 8112 Authorized for Business Activities Visa thats what you want (or something like it).

Hey, just mail all your shit to Peter and show up on his doorstep with some beer and pussy and Im sure hell tell you where to go.
Old 09-13-04, 03:52 PM   #4
Woofnah

Default lest we forget Beelzy

Quote:
the only poisonous mammal on the planet
Don't forget the shrew, some species of which are also poisonous. Like, for instance, the common brevicauda which lives in upstate NY.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrew
Woofnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-04, 06:20 AM   #5
Peter Voice

Shrews are not technically poisonous, having no poison generating glands or sacs. Their bite and claws are dangerously infective through their eating habits.

Bring plenty of beer, UCO, and yeah what the moth-head said. Do some homework and if possible pick up all your gear over here unless you have a work permit or some sort of viable invitation. You will be easily able to work here if you are discreet.
Esp. if you bring around enough beer.
Old 09-14-04, 11:43 AM   #6
UCO

New Zealand

Is a viable invitation one from a sponsor or citizen?