nick nickolas

Default COFFS HARBOUR OZ

Anyone go ??
How was it??
Havn't heard a bean from anyone??
Old 11-29-04, 05:51 AM   #2
THE USA BREAK DANCERS

Thumbs down

Hey Nick what's up man? It's Julio with The USA break dancers. Coff's wasn't all that I mean don't get me wrong the place is beautiful and the people were great and pretty damn generous the festival itself aint all that you only get one show a day. Me and John Logan, the festival director we didn't start of on good terms but at the end we got to work things out. Me and a couple other performers requested better hotel accommodations and we got it so every body felt a little better. The little motel rooms we got weren't much of an upgrade but they were alot better then the dorm style rooms they gave us located on top of a loud ass night club, how they inspected us to get rest in there still puzzles me til this day? Oh and there bathrooms were nasty! The only thing good about that place was the steak dinners for five dollars and it was a kool club the beer wasn't expensive and all the babes hung out there.
Our following was crazy we were like The Beatles out there my god we couldn't go anywhere with out being noticed my guys Ill Will and Cuba loved every minute of it. After a while I began to stay in my hotel room I started to get sick of it, feeling like a star and being treated like one by the people of Coff's was kool for a little bit but I just wanted some time for myself after a while.
I'm trying to find out the results of the Peoples choice award originaly they were not going to continue on with the peoples choice because most of the acts did not want to participate in it at least that's what they told us. We were asked to stop announcing the Peoples choice in our show. On the last day of the festival we come to find out that the Peoples choice was still on mmmm. The last thing John Logan told me when we were at the airport was that he would email us the results of the Peoples choice in a few days it's been almost a month. I havn't heard from him since I emailed him three times about still no answer mmmm, that really sucks but that's Ok we got a 1st place win at Windsor and 2nd place in Halifax for second year in a row. I think we did pretty good for one summer we still got lots to learn that's why I hang out with veterans like you Nick, YOO MA BOY PEACE!!!:

Last edited by THE USA BREAK DANCERS; 11-29-04 at 06:02 AM.
THE USA BREAK DANCERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-04, 12:48 PM   #3
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Canada Canadian Tire Certified

Congrats on all the awards ... I was just wondering what a People's Choice Award from Windsor might look like ... does it at all compete with the ostentatious Halifax trophy?
Old 11-29-04, 01:24 PM   #4
THE USA BREAK DANCERS

No sir Mr. Butterfly man it was not a trophy we got a kool looking jacket from Coca cola and a giant check for $500.00 We thought that was kool enough the festival was great.

Last edited by THE USA BREAK DANCERS; 11-30-04 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-30-04, 03:11 AM   #5
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Canada my core demographic loves a good knife fight

I know no one will believe me but I miss Windsor and all my fans ... both of them.

P.S. I heard the third one died.
Old 11-30-04, 08:29 AM   #6
THE USA BREAK DANCERS

Thumbs Up

Yeah It's a good festival the staff there did a great job this year no complaints from me.
Old 11-30-04, 09:15 AM   #7
martin ewen

Lurk Social responsibilitys

Hey Robert, some progressive from Windsors mental health assoc should pay you just to attend and parley with the regulars.
I've seen you flirt with a wheelchair bound, skin flaking, two toothed crone we bumped into at an intersection there. Her, along with a significant number of others, have long relationships with you. One of your weirdest gifts is that you can make make people with severely diminished resources who might only usually leave the house to shop, pick up their checks and bury their collected foil milkbottle tops under the floor in the toolshed, (and once a year go to the buskers fest,) feel hip and urbane and connected.
I've done the fest, what 3 times? I see things robert. (dead people) [with juggling balls]
I see people shuffle down to the pitch every year and they might enjoy the shows but what they most want to do is just RECONNECT with the butterflyman, He's EXCEPTIONAL and he's THEIR FRIEND.
I've watched it and its profoundly powerful and good.
So I guess my point is, respect for the years you put into that town and those people and shame on those who can't find the tab big enough to seduce you into re-emerging like some high paid mother teresa whore for the mentally challanged.
(You know I just put that last bit in to save you the trouble of taking the piss out of yourself)

added as an afterthought.
To them you're like a highbrow mentally ill person.

Last edited by martin ewen; 11-30-04 at 02:25 PM.
martin ewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-04, 02:03 AM   #8
Dom

New Zealand

Hi Julio,

Will be seeing John Logan in early Jan on my way to/from Sydney.
Real happy to ask him what the story is regarding the award
but to my knowledge there hasn't been one since the 90-95
Busker Festivals. Wasn't around it this year so JL could have
resurrected it. Nothing in the local press (I'm based further up
the coast).
Thanks for the honest and insightful review of that gig. Having
done it as often as Hilby & Al, you summed it up beautifully.

Dom
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-04, 07:46 PM   #9
THE USA BREAK DANCERS

Thanks Dom,

I just tell it like I see it.
Old 02-01-05, 05:29 PM   #10
Dom

New Zealand

Hey Julio,

Had a chat with John Logan a couple of days ago.
Yes there was a Peoples Choice Award this year &
yes, you guys did win it, & apparently there was a
money prize attached to it but that's between you
& him to sort out.

Enjoy the snow...

Dom
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote