performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GIG OPPORTUNITIES - POST GIGS HERE! > GIGS - OTHER

Old 09-19-07, 06:26 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Acts needed for 'Not Quite Cabaret' in Lewisham SE London

Hey All!

I'm organising a brand new night at the Dirty South (www.dirtysouthlondon.com), call 'Not Quite Cabaret' on the 6th October 07.

Here's some basic details...

‘NOT QUITE CABARET’ – TAKING THE QUINTESSENTIALLY BRITISH CABARET AND TURNING IT ON ITS HEAD

"Not Quite Cabaret is a new event running at the Dirty South (Lewisham) Not Quite Cabaret will showcase a variety of different acts including acoustic artists, magicians, comedians, and also showcase the work of local artists and clothes and jewellery designers. Not Quite Cabaret is trying to edge away from the bog standard ‘gig’ night by mixing up modern concepts with the old fashioned cabaret. "

We need the following people...

Comedians
Table Magicians
Poets

We also need local designers and artists to come and showcase their work. You will also be allowed to sell your work / set up a stal.

More info on the night can be found on the dedicated myspace page here

www.myspace.com/notquitecabaret

The News Shopper (SE London Local Paper) is doing a feature on this new night before the launch party, so I need this booked up by FRIDAY as it will be going ot press the following week, with all details of acts.

We already have designers from Portabello Road Market and Artistsfrom the local universities, so if you are interested be quick in replying as the remaining spaces are going to go fast.

The launch will be on the 6th October, this is a paid gig (for comedians/Poets, Magicians) 50% of everyting taken on the door will be split between participating acts. All acts must be 18+. Set times for cemedians / Poets will be 20 mins each. If we manage to get a full house, that's a potential earning of around £40 for 20 mins!!

Get in touch asap!!!!!

Thankies :0)

Beks, Events Manager
beks@gigpigs.co.uk
www.gigpigs.co.uk
Old 09-20-07, 06:42 AM   #2
Beks

Just to let you all know, I've now registered properly, the above post is mine!!

Beks XX

‘NOT QUITE CABARET’ – TAKING THE QUINTESSENTIALLY BRITISH CABARET AND TURNING IT ON ITS HEAD!'

www.myspace.com/notquitecabaret
Beks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None