performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > CONTACT PEOPLE / ANNOUNCEMENTS / HOUSING > HAS ANYONE SEEN....?

Old 06-09-03, 01:22 PM   #1
GlassHarper

Question Larry Meyerhoff, master hammered dulcimer player

When I first arrived in New Orleans there was a wonderful hammered dulcimer player on the street named Larry Meyerhoff. A "heads-down" street musician he had the strongest technique I'd ever seen -- so much so that the normally quiet tones of his instrument needed no amplification to be heard.

His CD, "Times Past," is a wonderful collection of old-timey, Celtic and modern pieces on which he plays several different instruments as well as sings.

After being hassled by the Vieux Carre Commission and the police for selling CD's he gave up in disgust and went, I believe, to NYC.

Anyone know where he is now?
Old 05-31-04, 05:01 PM   #2
harmonicakev

I too thoroughly enjoyed Larry's hammered dulcimer playing (in Boston), and I am curious as to what he is now up to? I thought I saw his name on the Faneuil Hall Marketplace audition list back in April? Has anybody seen him>
harmonicakev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-04, 09:33 PM   #3
harmonicakev

Default Larry Meyerhoff

Larry M. is named as an injured party (he got shut down by police at Dock Square in Boston) in the lawsuit filed by Stephen Baird and the Street Artists Guild vs. the City of Boston. They report that he moved to New York.
Old 01-11-05, 10:21 AM   #4
larry meyerhoff

hi...i'm larry.....i'm now living in upstate ny working as a recording engineer and performing with my band "widget and the widgettes".....i've spent a lot of the last few years busking in europe and a year in boston.....they didnt accept me at fanuiel hall....their auditions are bullshit and they have no right to control that area anyway....those walkways are PUBLIC property.....i fought the city of new orleans over my right to sell my cd's and they dropped charges and backed off......ive been helping stephen baird with his suit and hope he's getting somewhere....he has some good legal people and stephen(as uaual)is doing valuable work on all of out behalfs......if anyone wishes to contact me......tiptheclown@yahoo.com......cheers....larry
larry meyerhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-05, 11:56 PM   #5
harmonicakev

hi larry! nice to hear that you are still making music. So far so good with the lawsuit; the City of Boston has officially agreed to stop enforcing the old regulations. This doesn't mean that our troubles are over, but it is a great start. There is another hearing later in January. Meanwhile, I was able to work Dock Square on New Years with no hassle. Ciao for now, Kevin Mc.
p.s. please let me know if Widget and the Widgets is going to come perform in greater Boston; I'd love to check it out.