performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 01-26-07, 01:11 PM   #1
Swedekin

Default SOUTH AMERICA??

Hey there all...I am planning to spend 3 months in South America starting at the beginning of June. Hope to get to quite a few different places, among them, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, and maybe more. Can anyone give me some info about good/bad places for performing musicians?
Swedekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-07, 03:18 AM   #2
jugglermatt1

ive never been there myself , but have a number of Argentinian friends who come over to spain to work in the summer .Argentinia ,Uruguay , and Brazil are all possible , but it will be their winter in june , so the touristy pitches will probably be unworkable.Ive heard some dodgy stories of Venezuela ,but , like I say , Ive never been there , so cant really say.
jugglermatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-07, 05:18 PM   #3
pablo

Default Take me with you!

Get the most recent copy of Lonely Planet's Guide to SA, or visit their website:

www.lonelyplanet.com

Twenty years ago I would have joined you without thinking twice.

Buena suerte.
pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-07, 04:50 AM   #4
izimagic

Hey...
I have been to south america last winter ( summer there ), the good time is from december to frebruary; Chile was good, Santiago, Viņa del Mar..., In argentina try "Mar del Plata"..., punta del este in Urugay... good luck.
izimagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-07, 09:01 PM   #5
Swedekin

Izimagic...thanks for your help. So you actually did some busking there yourself? What kind of busking were you doing? Did you make enough to survive from day to day? Did any passerbyers ever give you any hassle? Thanks!
Old 02-18-07, 01:12 PM   #6
izimagic

The money you make in south america is not much, but don't forget that the life is very cheap, so normaly you can live quite well from street performing if you go in the rigth period. I never had any problem with other peploes in the street, south americans are very friendly and receive you well, except in Argentina, you'll find some performers ho don't whant to share the spot, you will have to be a little bit rude.
I do comedy, magic and juggling circle shows myself; I use to draw big crawds and almost never had problems.
my web is www.izimagic.com , you can see my job there.
ciao
sebastien
izimagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 04:36 PM   #7
Stretch

Default Colombia clowns killed on stage

Two circus clowns have been shot dead during a performance in the eastern Colombian city of Cucuta, police say.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6382919.stm

"Two circus clowns have been shot dead during a performance in the eastern Colombian city of Cucuta, police say.

The attacker jumped into the arena and fired before fleeing, police chief Jose Humberto Henao told Efe news agency.

Local reports say the audience of about 20 people, mostly children, thought the shooting was part of the show before realising both men had been killed.

Last year, a prominent circus clown, known as Pepe, was also shot dead by a unknown assailant in Cucuta.

The motive for the latest killing remains unclear, police said. Local media reports suggest two attackers may have been involved.

One clown was shot in the head as he performed on stage, about an hour into the Circo del Sol's evening show.

The second, named as 18-year-old Franklin Leal, from Cucuta, was then shot as he stood by the ticket booth, according to the newspaper La Opinion.

The travelling circus had set up in a suburb of Cucuta, capital of Norte de Santander province near the Venezuelan border, about 10 days earlier, the paper says. "

http://www.stiltwalker.com/

http://www.bubbletower.com/

http://www.youtube.com/stiltpro

http://stiltpro.blogspot.com/
Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 05:03 PM   #8
Swedekin

If you are thinking about busking in Colombia, you're asking for it. I wouldn't even consider it.