Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-14, 07:05 PM   #1
New Member
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1
Default Busking in States

if a canadian wants to busk in the united states, does he or she need a permit, and/or an invitation from a festival - or is a city permit enough?

lemartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 08:51 PM   #2
Unused member
Peter's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Milford, OH, U.S.A.
Posts: 288

I never worry about permits, period. I look for a good pitch, (or stop at a local magic store and ask) then just start doing shows. I do quick side walk shows (5 to 7 minutes) hat the hell out of the crowd, get the money and start another show. Yes I have been told by the police that it was illegal but just said "OH Sorry, I'll quit. Is there a place when this is legal here?" and then QUIT, move either to where the cop tells me I can be or to the next town. I, in 17 years, have never been arrested. If you give the cop some shit then he will arrest you, but if you're polite don't worry.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis
Unencumbered by the Thought Process.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.