performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 03-09-09, 02:50 PM   #1
brentmccoy

Default Clearwater Beach is Alright with Me

I just wanted to give a shout out to Dallas the Fire Guy at "Sunsets at Pier 60" in Clearwater Beach, FL.... He totally makes the pitch accessible and fair to folks coming through, even newbies like myself. He definitely holds it down - no BS, and that's cool. Not only does he run the pitch professionally, there's also just a good vibe knowing that everybody gets a turn and will get to run shows. I'm not gonna say that there's millions to be made there. I also wouldn't say that there's a shortage of performers... but it's a popular place with a strong international crowd, and family-friendly entertainment goes over well. So, if you're passing down the FL west coast, give the pitch a shot. But get there early. That bridge can take some time to cross in afternoon traffic. Thanks again to the folks down there - see you next spring.
-Brent
brentmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 08:25 AM   #2
Dallas
Pier 60 Clearwater, Fl

Send a message via MSN to Dallas
Thumbs Up

Thank you. It was a pleasure having you here and anytime you wanna come through, drop me a line. I try to make it possible for any one with a "family friendly" show to be able to get a chance to do their thing. We are strict on show length and content. If you can adapt to us, I will do everything possible to accommodate you.
This is not an open street pitch, but an organiEd festival with rules and regulations.
Common sense goes along way here. I'm amazed at how many people lack this.
Hats are not huge, but they add up. Most get 3 shows in an evening. Amplification is allowed. Power in most spots, is provided. Be prepared however to need extension cords, or a battery pack.
We are next to a playground and show content show be appropriate for such a setting.
I have been here for nearly 14 years. This place has been wonderful to me and my family and I am thankful for the chance to perform every night, 365 days a year.
Old 03-25-09, 11:10 AM   #3
bretblackshear

I thank you as well, Dallas. Came in last week and loved the experience and the chance to hone new stuff. Thanks, too, to Pier 60. We'll see you again.

Bret
bretblackshear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
busking, clearwater, clearwater beach, dallas the fire guy, street performance