performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 02-18-05, 11:10 PM   #221
le pire

Hey Magrat,

Thanks for the compliments. The avatar (my logo) was actually based on a horrible photo taken of me when I was screwing around in a photo studio. here is that photo:

etienne
le pire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-05, 07:45 AM   #222
Magrat2005

wa-hey, lovely picture, I think I've seen it somewhere, or something like it, I dont know, I just got a feeling I've seen it before....still, lovely picture

RIP
Kevin Smith
1963-2002

There will never be another God like him
Magrat2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-05, 11:21 AM   #223
Steven Ragatz

Default New video clip

Hey all,

I've just posted a new video clip from a show that Fritz Grobe (who some of you may know from past MotionFests) and I were involved with over the holidays. It is a juggling routine with birdhouses. Check it out at:

http://www.stevenragatz.com/video.htm

Steven Ragatz
Steven Ragatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-05, 09:32 PM   #224
Eveish

Default Will-o'-the-Wisp Fire troupe

Hiya all : )
I run a fire circus called Will-o'-the-Wisp. We have just finished doing a heap of shows so I have been updating my web site lately. There are lots of pretty gallery photos and a few little video bits and pieces.
Check it out at http://www.wisp.house.cx
--Alice in Wonderland
Eveish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 08:43 AM   #225
Adam Gertsacov

Arrow It's a free show...It's a flea show... Providence RI April 2, 2005

The Flea Circus Goes To The Academy
Low culture meets highbrow academics as the flea circus comes to Brown University on Saturday, April 2.

This is no April Fool's joke: next weekend, Brown University will be hosting a most unusual professor, and his even more unusual performers: Professor A.G. Gertsacov and his authentic Victorian flea circus will be gracing the stage as part of the eleventh annual Performance Studies International Conference.

The show, the Acme Miniature Flea Circus, is an authentic Victorian flea circus that features trained fleas Midge and Madge (stars of the show) who perform spectacular circus stunts as seen before (and on top of) the crowned heads of Europe.

Details Magazine called the show "One of the top alternative circuses in the country." The New York Times said "The appeal is irresistible... Gertsacov is every bit the fantastical impresario, in his purple top hat and cash-register voice, introducing us to the wondrous insects itching (sorry) to perform" And the Los Angeles Times says that "Professor Gertsacov holds the audience (and the stars of the show) in the palm of his hand."

FOR THE REST OF THE PRESS RELEASE visit: http://link.toolbot.com/fleacircus/8909

For more information about the conference, visit the PSI website: http://www.brown.edu/Facilities/Theatre/psi/ or call them at 401-863-1510

For more information about the flea circus, visit http://www.trainedfleas.com or call 401-351-2596.

LISTING

WHAT: Acme Miniature Flea Circus
WHEN: Saturday April 2, 2005 9:30 pm
COST: Admission is free (donations accepted)
WHERE: Trinity Rep Theatre, 201 Washington Street, Providence
MORE INFO: http://www.brown.edu/Facilities/Theatre/psi/ or call 401-863-1510

###
Adam Gertsacov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 03:04 PM   #226
le pire

April 30 I will be sharing the bill with the PHENOMENAL Michael Menes at the Odd Fellow Theatre in Buckfield, Maine. The Odd Fellow's resident company, The Odd Co. is comprised of Mike Miclon, and MotionFest alums Amanda Hutori & Fritz Grobe.

This is an amazing independent theatre and company so come on out to support the live arts.

http://www.oddfellow.com

http://www.theoddco.com

etienne
Old 04-02-05, 02:22 PM   #227
jester

Jester

I performed at Longstock Village Hall. Last night.

Longstock is a remote rural village that is tucked out of the way near to a remotr rural town. You would be very hard pressed to find it by accident.

I went there. Gosh! Big and beautiful modern village hall, a multinational community from Zimabwe, Australia, Holland and Eastern Europe.

It was a village family event to celebrate April Fools Day so they hired a fool to move things along. And boy did they join in. My show flew by, I was onstage for 2 hours (with a lot of help from various extravert and fun individuals.)

What a memory. What a night. Lovely. If I was rich, I would move to that village tommorow. That was the first time on my 7ft Uni since I broke my leg, and it all felt so natural and so fun.

The highlight was when I climbed the walking ladder. I don't do anything special with it, I just climb it and walk about a bit. There was a gasp from the audience, which I have never heard before, when I stopped and faced them.

Would you believe that so many people in one place could be impressed by that? They were the most beautiful appreciative audience.

Wonderful!

jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-05, 11:08 PM   #228
le pire

I'll be doing my first Renaissance Festival since I was 16! I began my career way back when as part of the Young Actors Ensemble at the MD Rennaissance Festival (ahhh... the memories. Cybelle teaching mime class without a bra and all of us horny little boys asking her to show us how to mime lifing a box off the ground "one more time" until she realized what was going on and put on a sweater).

I'm going to be one of the stage acts at the King Richards Faire in Carver MA. It should be loads of fun, and I can wait to re-do my costume, Renny-style.

huzzah!

etienne
Old 04-29-05, 11:02 AM   #229
Stephon
Handonmy Member

Cool Pickled Punks @ Wednesday Wizardry

Next Wednesday, May 4th, the Pickled Punks (Steve Wannall and myself) will be performing our Completely Mental show at Wednesday Wizardry.

Wednesday Wizardry is a weekly magic show at the Gaithersburg Arts Barn, featuring Alain Nu (you may have seen his TLC specials that aired last week) Bob Sheets, and Mark Philips, among others.

(Steve, when you get up to King Richard's, tell Ses Carny I said, "hi")

Swami Yomahmi
~The Original Sideshow Geek~
Stephon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-05, 11:08 AM   #230
Frisbee

Default Etienne

I will be travelling thru New England with my show in September, I will be sure to go to King Richards and take pictures of Etienne in Midieval garb to post online here...just in case this is the last time it happens.

www.FrisbeeShow.com
Old 04-29-05, 11:28 AM   #231
le pire

No problem, Baron Fundsarlow.
Old 05-13-05, 10:38 AM   #232
Scot Free

Default Lunacy Cabaret May 28

If anyone is in Toronto on the 28th of May I would like to invite you to the Lunacy Cabaret. Dan Nimmo and I are producing the first in house show at The Center of Gravity ( the new Zero Gravity Circus Theater/training space in Toronto.)
here is the website
It will be a great show and party, all are welcome.
jeff
Scot Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 11:11 AM   #233
Famos Bramwells

UK

For the next few weeks I will be doing sod all. If anyone wants to watch me do it I will be mainly doing it in my house. I might even make you coffee if you ask.
Famos Bramwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 10:45 AM   #234
lucky john

hey there jeff hope all is well. we missed you in sydney this summer.
good luck with your upcoming show i hope it works out well for you and dan. i must say though it does sound an awful lot like my bizarre and twisted cabaret. all the way down to the live narration of the video which i am now doing and discussed with dan while he was in sydney recently.

it would be great if you could send jp and i a video of your show, i would love to see what you guys are doing, as i'm sure j p would enjoy it as well.

good luck and take care,

lucky john
lucky john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 10:56 AM   #235
gav

Default now I'm famous

This weekend I entertained the ruling political party of Croatia including the Primeminister Ivo Sanader.(he laughed a lot) I am the only performer of my type in a country of 4 million peolple and I think this may have just totally stitched up the market for me.
I expect to have a street performing festival in all major cities by 2007 and be hired as the governments expert consaltant on all matters relating to street performance.

ps. I'm a little drunk and this may just be a bunch of bullshit.
gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 08:30 AM   #236
Stephon
Handonmy Member

Default Appearing at the Comedy Spot--Me!

Just wanted to let everyone know that Swami Yomahmi (that's me), will be sharing the stage with the Pickled Punks Completely Mental show (that's Steve Wannall and someone who has the same name as me, wears all my clothes, and lives with my wife) at the Comedy Spot in Arlington, VA on May 21st.

For more information click here

Swami Yomahmi
~The Original Sideshow Geek~
Stephon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-05, 12:26 AM   #237
le pire

I'm hitting the clubs too.

I'll be doing a set at the Improv in NYC on June 4. If you do come out to see me, I'll give you a free t shirt or DVD (finishing up the editing tomorrow!) or whatever 'etienne' paraphenelia I have around. You do need to make reservations & tell them you're coming to see Etienne. Here's the details:

Improv Comedy Club Saturday Night Spectacular!!
Saturday, June 4 7:00 p.m.

Venue: Improv Comedy Club 318 West 53rd St between 8th and 9th Ave’s.
www.newyorkimprov.com

With Special guests from Late Show with David Letterman, and Comedy Central!

Cover: $15 and a 2 drink minimum at door or $12 and 2 drink minimum with reservations at least three days before show time.

Reservations: 212 629 1781, or via e mail at comedyreservations@hotmail.com. A representative of the club will contact you to confirm your reservations a day before the show.

Directions: While the 50th Street subway stop for the C and E train is only a stones throw from the Improv Comedy Club. We are conveniently located a walking distance from Times Square, Port Authority, and Columbus Circle
Old 06-06-05, 02:47 PM   #238
jester

Jester

Closing Act Chippenham Folk Festival Main Stage Sat, Sun and Mon. Stormed it!

jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 07:14 PM   #239
newyorkstreetdean

I'll start by mentioning that my partners, Dustin and Craig have both reciently graduated with degrees in (Dustin) Percussion Performance and (Craig) English Education. I would of left them to do that but I know they would not have.
Also, against the advice of many of you, this past friday night I proposed to my girlfriend of two and a half (or so) years. More unbelieveibly, she agreed to go along with it. We know very little details but are thinking of agreeing on a public location like a shopping mall, inviting everybody but not informing the mall. "Happening" style. We'll see.
newyorkstreetdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 09:37 PM   #240
Evan Young

Send a message via AIM to Evan Young
Default congrats!

if you do it in august i'll be in colorado and I'll go to it. (if you invite me)

ka-pow!
www.globalevan.com
www.showoffshow.com
www.evanshotme.com
Evan Young is offline   Reply With Quote