performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GIG OPPORTUNITIES - POST GIGS HERE! > GIGS - FESTIVALS

Old 02-27-08, 10:44 PM   #1
Jim
Your Host

Arrow Hey! I just posted, why didn't my post show up???

The GIG OPPORTUNITIES forums are "Open" forums, meaning registration is not required to post. Rather than have a registration speedbump, I want anyone to be able to post a GIG whenever they want; registered, logged-in or not.

However, since the three GIG forums are open, the spammers post their garbage here all day long. And it's gotten out of hand.

To avoid the spam posts, (as of late 2007) I've set these forums up so that all posts go straight into a "moderation queue." It's basically a holding pattern for posts. They're "posted" to the forum, but not actually "published" to the public view until I OK them.

On most days, I moderate these posts several times a day. I OK the actual gigs and discussion and send the spam down the drain. Since there's WAY more spam than gigs, it's easier to do it this way. The only drawback for you guys is that your posts are delayed until I get to them.

So have patience. I WILL get to them. Sometimes it's within the hour, sometimes I only get to a batch of posts once a day... but it will (almost) never be more than a day before your post goes up.

I hope that explains it!
Jim
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 11:51 PM   #2
Mr.Taxi Trix

Rock on Jim. You're working to hard. I imagine you'll invent a filter somehow.

Nice not to see that spam, anyway.

k
Mr.Taxi Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 08:34 AM   #3
Rachel Peters

I had been wondering where they had all gone (spams). I miss feeling like I have power.

www.rachelpeters.com
Rachel Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-08, 11:42 AM   #4
jeep caillouet

Default I can't believe it!

Rachael, I can't believe it. I do escape in my show, and as you know we are always looking for that really good line in our show to get that really good laugh. In my show the other day Had these these 2 really good looking girls tie me up ! As they were done Off the top of my head, I said " don't that make you feel powerful"as I gave her that look you know, as I wiped the sweat from my brow. The crowd laughed there ass off! YOU can tie me up anytime you want. HA HA HA HA HA . Piece.