performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 04-01-02, 02:28 AM   #41
Chance

Richie,

Maybe it's just me (although I think I speak for a few people right now), but after reading your letters under the "Is this Lucky or Frack?" thread I DEFINITELY got the feeling that you are VERY irritated at what some folks have written there about the guy in the photo.

I just found it a very strange situation where you encourage people (p.net regulars) to bring up negative vibes about fellow buskers because of how they do their job in this thread "10 Worst Acts", while at the same time you are criticizing those very same people (p.net regulars) for having a negative opinion about the guy in the photo at the other thread "Is This Lucky or Frack?".

When they help you target buskers with "bad" shows you are happy. When they target, against your wishes, another type of "bad" -- but one that you are personally involved in -- you are definitely NOT happy.

Call me stupid, but I think it is unfair of you to expect to have it both ways.

Chance
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-02, 05:48 AM   #42
LUCKY DIAMOND RICH

Chance,
I told you that i do not have a problem,with others and there oppions at all!
I choose to speak my mind at the time,and give my oppion,and really i don't give a toss either way!
So I am really,haveing a good time at the moment on the P.Net and no one can possibley spool it for me!
The only thing that I have ever had a problem with is ,when Peter Voice had bought up part of my history with drugs,and said it in such a Peter Voice way that,I was not happy with at the time,especially coming from an Alcoholic himself!
So Chance,all is well,and your Sherlock Holmes personna is great,thanks for that!
Wasn't your Farther a Police Man,or something,i forgot?

All the best on our detective work and shows!

LDR
Old 04-01-02, 07:01 AM   #43
DEBBIE ROBINSON

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the subject topic -'Worst Street Acts.' Depends on how it gets used and abused.
Its quite obviously bait to see who bites! Fine! Bite or don't bite, INDULGE HIM, DON'T INDULGE HIM THEN , and stop banging on about ' what a terrible negative subject' . Not all life is rosy and positive.
Yes, he could have come up with ' The Most eccentric/unworkable/oddest Street Acts' , but he didnt, its Lucky, he's not likely to,obviously not what he's about, incapable of, or he's not on that road yet. 'He's a fire starter twisted fire starter ooooo ooooooh !!!'
Funny, I wonder if the topic had been posed by another performer if it would have had the same treatment?
Lucky's initial intentions was to light a spark - you know this, you can either chose to indulge, slag off and dig dirt, or sidestep it - silence is golden, it speaks volumes. Imagine if no-one had posted a single reply on the topic?
it seems to have started off ok .
A few have chosen to use the topic for their own personal slanging match.
DEBBIE ROBINSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-02, 07:14 AM   #44
DEBBIE ROBINSON

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the subject topic -'Worst Street Acts.' Depends on how it gets used and abused.
Its quite obviously bait to see who bites! Fine! Bite or don't bite, INDULGE HIM, DON'T INDULGE HIM THEN , and stop banging on about ' what a terrible negative subject' . Not all life is rosy and positive. Life can be boring without the catalysts.
Yes, he could have come up with ' The Most eccentric/unworkable/oddest Street Acts' , but he didnt, its Lucky, he's not likely to, obviously not what he's about, incapable of, or he's not on that road yet. 'He's a fire starter twisted fire starter oooooh ooooooh !!!' Well great. Know it and be way ahead.
Funny, I wonder if the topic had been posed by another performer if it would have had the same condemnation?
Lucky's initial intention was to light a spark - In knowing this, we can either chose to indulge, slag off and dig dirt, or sidestep it . This subject seems to have started off ok .
A few have chosen to use the topic for their own personal slanging match.
Old 04-01-02, 10:57 AM   #45
Chance

Wow, Debbie. I mean WOW! You are so far off the mark I don't even know where to begin.

First, let me remind you that while you and I have never met (at least I don't think so) Richie and I know each other pretty well. And since my letters were addressed directly to him I would expect Richie to understand my meaning much faster than a third party.

So your comment about "if any one else had started the thread..." is a non-issue from the get-go.

And could you please show me where I ever mentioned that starting the "Worst Acts" thread was a bad thing? You can't. I never implied it, and neither do I necessarily think it so. I HIGHLY regard the right to Free Speech and personal opinions, even -- no, *especially* -- if they do not agree with mine.

My only observation here was to comment on the obvious (at least to me) contadiction of the content of the recent letters Richie has been writing at two different threads: one, where he has been encouraging strong negative opinions about one of his personal dislikes; and the other, where he is on the receiving end of opinions he doesn't like to hear.

I just found it very interesting that one one hand he is encouraging something that on the other hand he is irritated by. EG, on one hand he is saying, "Wow, what an awful performance. Don't you think so? And tell me, who do *you* think sucks?" I guess this kind of criticism is okay. Just blast away at someone who has a show you don't like. But when he hears those same people say, on another thread, "Wow what an ugly guy! Who would ever want to get all stapled and tatted and wrecked like that?" Richie is all over them like white on rice, telling them to let the guy alone, he is just on his own journey, and so on.

Sue me, but I consider this a double standard.

FYI, I wasn't going to add any more to this thread until you addressed me directly.
Old 04-01-02, 04:00 PM   #46
LUCKY DIAMOND RICH

Chance,
I at the time,of posting the "10 Worst Street acts" was admittedly,doing it to go against Gazzo's "Top 10 pound for pound"!

It was only intended to be a topic that people either agree with or not!

I agree with you and your point about contirdictions,and so for with me!

I do jump the fence,at times and I am guilty of this!

It does take alot of hard work to sort every angle of your life out,and I thank you for making me awair of this!

I try very hard not to be oppionated about other act's,and I am getting better!

The difference is that i can admit that,unlike others!

You are also right that I do find it a personal thing,when people comment on peoples appearenc!

I can only be me,and choose to be a better person on the inside and I am only doing my best!

If that is the best others can do,then who am I to say!

Thanks once again Chance you are the voice of reason on this one!

LDR

ps. thanks also Debbie,you are truely the Shit when it comes to the pavement!!!If I posted the top 10 pavement artists in the world you would be on the top of the list! xx
Old 04-04-02, 02:55 AM   #47
DEBBIE ROBINSON

Hello Chance
No, I don't think we've met, you look familiar though. I know Richie.
Firstly, YES; sorry for butting into a private cconversation, and yes two of my comments were 'off the mark'. My intention was to voice general points and bring the subject back round to the original thread, my comments and the posting in general were not directed solely at you - I didn't begin with your name.
I agree the ' stop banging on about a terrible negative subject' is poorly placed and with hindsight IS misguidedly directed at you. You didn't mention that starting the 'Worst Act' thread was a bad thing - my appologies. I don't know where I got that from, my mistake. I won't be deleting my post (Lucky) , my mistake and I will most certainly live with it.

Point about 'if anyone else had started the thread'; this was definately NOT a reference to 'your' condemnation, but a general devil's advocate query about the fact that threads are responded to differently according to who's posted them and their motives for doing so.

The fact that I've come in lon the tail end of this subject should not be a problem for Lucky. My problem was jumping in rather badly; I regret my timing and oafish comments on the subject mis-directed at you Chance, for this I appologise. I don't regret being devils advocate and 'baiting' Lucky into a response..... he does it all the time.

Off now to reply to Monsieur Lucky.
Maybe I'll meet you someday,
Debbie.
Old 04-05-02, 01:22 PM   #48
Blake

Chance once said to me that " opinions are like arseholes we all have one and they all stink."
I feel this is an appropriate time to quote from the sauce!
"worst" is obviously a highly personal and stinky opinion!
Most art provokes a reaction. That is its point.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-02, 07:10 AM   #49
DEBBIE ROBINSON

Hello Lucky,
Your insult is amusing....toooooshay.

See... you returned to the subject with justifications for this thread.... Lets see:
'To go against Gazzo's Top 10 pound for pound" and "a
topic that people either agree with or not",
And neither washes with me.
You suggested this thread. You may get uncomfortably 'late' queries about it - tough! You should be well prepared and expect to return to it.
I'm glad to see you followed on with a whole load of other statements though .... Amazing what can come out of a little role reversing, prompting, playing the game - eh Lucky?
SINCERE good luck on your road to staying positive.

So, Lucky, I am on the top of your list as 'worst pavement artist'?
Heh heh, bloody marvellous!
I didn't realise you took an interest in other forms of street entertainment?
Name me 10 pavement artists, describe their style and what they're about.
Like you know you have skills Lucky, I'm comfortable with my drawing skills. (xx)

Funnily enough your show is not on my list at all. Ok, ( you'll probably agree with me on this) there's absolutely nothing original about it so I may put it on say, the Top 10 un-original show list, but for punter watchability factor - yeah, its up there.

What other lists can I put you on......
Your tatoo's are remarkable! The multi-layering is fantastic, and they can go on my 'top10 best body modification list'. Um...
Can't think of anything else positive at the minute. I think, (and backdating this to the 80's) I'd have to put you on my 'worst attitude towards smaller shows, weaker shows, street artists who perform inspite of earning potential, and promoter of negative vibes' list, unless you can convince me otherwise. Sorry.

I'm no clearer to working out how posting the 'Worst Street Acts' thread sits happily with a new found happy go lucky, harmonious
personality ......You must admit you did yourself no favours.

Top 10 Worst Acts - legitimate thread - shame 'you' posted it.

D.
Old 04-06-02, 04:57 PM   #50
Mr.Taxi Trix

Top Ten consumers of the exclamation mark, Lucky, #2, right after my ex sister in law, Beth.
Mr.Taxi Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-02, 01:25 PM   #51
Evan Young

Send a message via AIM to Evan Young
I think my act is one of the worst. I suck! but hey, at least I'm not as bad as that jerk (roderick, aka rod-dick) who spins a ball and rides a unicycle in jackson square. I'm getting better, he's going no where.

ka-pow!
www.globalevan.com
www.showoffshow.com
www.evanshotme.com
Evan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-02, 12:52 PM   #52
LUCKY DIAMOND RICH

Debbie,
I said you are at the top of the "Top Ten Pavement Artists",it was a big compliment!

I love your Art!

Make sure you check what i said!

Taxie,
Good to see your back on my case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

That must make me NO.1,now!!

LDR

Watch it with the !!!!!!!'s Lucky.
--Jim

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: Jim ]</p>
Old 04-08-02, 03:40 PM   #53
Rex Boyd
Kansas Man in Exile

Lucky is right Debbie. He did actually pay you a compliment although I had to read it a second time as well to clear things up.

I can hardly wait to see the new tattoo Lucky. My daughters love singing "Incey Wincey Spider"

Love,

Rex

www.rexboyd.co.uk
Rex Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-02, 12:26 PM   #54
DEBBIE ROBINSON

Blimey?!!!!Thanks!!!!for!!!!the!! compliment!!!Lucky!!!!!!!
!! I'm !taking !!back!! the! top!!! spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! x

[ 04-11-2002: Message edited by: Jim ]</p>
Old 04-10-02, 03:40 PM   #55
Rex Boyd
Kansas Man in Exile

!

Just thought I'd stick one of those in as well.

Rex

www.rexboyd.co.uk
Rex Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-02, 06:22 AM   #56
martin ewen

Mime

The time where the kids arm was sweaty and I ended up throwing him horizontally 3 meters into the street.
The time I pushed an icecream into a teenage girls forehead
The time in paris a german tourist came up after and sincerely inquired as to whether I'd considered juggling.
The time the streetkids filled my hat up with pebbles in cork.
The time the 12 year old brainless twat flashed me his revolver in Antwerp.
The time I fell over in a fountain in hamilton
The time i danced into an overhead fan, slashing my face, bleeding profusely and making audience members faint.
The time I got arrested in paris performing on the 'avenue de innocence'
The time I vomited fresh orange juice onto a japanese audience while dancing ballet to mozart on stilts.
My whole career theres only been nine.
martin ewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-02, 06:43 AM   #57
martin ewen

Mime

I also recognise that for the most part its not all about me.
Perspective confuses me
martin ewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-02, 06:21 PM   #58
LUCKY DIAMOND RICH

Go Martin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LDR
Old 04-11-02, 09:58 PM   #59
Todd

Martin,

If you would, could you re-post that story of the orange-juice-vomit- spurting-in Japan story again. For those who are new and havent had the pleasure of reading it through tears of laughter.

Onward
Todd
Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-02, 01:15 AM   #60
Chance

Arrow

Todd, et al,

I am pretty sure that story is in the library, along with a few other Martin Classics...