performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 07-23-08, 03:19 PM   #1
Mario Morris

Default In Portugal Help

Hi All
I am in Portugal booked to do a festavel, but I need pitches for the run up to it. Any addvise, tips of citys that I can work, it whould be a great help.
Thanks
Mario
Old 07-24-08, 12:21 PM   #2
jeep caillouet

Mario, If you'r a street entertainer then it's easy You just get you ass up and go to work! Howdy by the way and I bet is a great place to busk and enjoy as you travel.
Old 07-24-08, 12:24 PM   #3
jeep caillouet

Mario, If you're a street entertainer then it's easy You just get you ass up and go to work! Howdy by the way and I bet is a great place to busk and enjoy as you travel.
Old 07-25-08, 07:09 AM   #4
Lee Nelson

I was just in Portugal a couple of weeks ago.
there is a good pitch in the Algarve, old town.
It works the evening trade. Good for circles and walk by stuff

good luck
lee
Lee Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-08, 11:05 AM   #5
Mario Morris

Thanks all.
Just got In Lisbon just now, talk about bad luck, our truck axel making a shit load of noise and all most spun me of this huge fucking bridge count my blessings on the other hand this is the first bit of trouble I have had since seeting off on this trip over a year ago. Algarve sounds well nice we may check it out on the way back down to Spain. Any tips keep them coming.
Mario
Old 07-25-08, 11:13 AM   #6
Mario Morris

Hi Lee
Just been told that Algarve is an province all area, so do you know the name of the town. Perhaps they dont know what their talking bout.
Mario
Old 07-26-08, 06:18 AM   #7
Steven Ragatz

I was just in Lisbon for April/May with a show and I didn't see ANYTHING in the way of full street shows. There were a few folks down in the subway, but mostly just asking for handouts with their dogs. The downtown area had some musicians and there looked like there would be some pretty good spots in the historic district.

I didn't really make it out of Lisbon while we were in Portugal.

Malaga, Spain, looked like it would be better than Lisbon, at least along the main walking street. Talked with a couple of statue acts there that were pretty good and they seemed to think that it was an easy pitch to work. Saw a little juggling, but they were just a couple of kids paying their summer travels across Europe.

Am in Alacante now, and have not seen anything to speak of, but I've not gotten out to visit the city yet.

Steven Ragatz
Steven Ragatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-08, 09:36 AM   #8
Mario Morris

Hay
Just been working Malaga before we came hear, trust me it is like pulling teath. You can work it but you need a good grip on Spanish and you must like working for coppers. The City is nice on the other hand, if you need a free park up let me know.

Their is a german ballon twister thier at times and he is a right ass, very threatning. Dont let him push you around he will try he thinks it is his street and he has managed to upset most their coming to blows at one point with another twister. I should add twister is to nice of a title for this guy he more like the child snatcher from chitty chitty ban ban, you can quote me. But dont mistake him for the spanish twister he is good hearted.
Mario
Old 07-27-08, 01:49 PM   #9
jeep caillouet

Default Twister

Mario, I met a guy like that in Balboa Park in San Deago, Ca. back in the 80's. I was tying balloons in his spot and boy he didn't like that at all. His name was Dizzy D. Clown. He knocked me cold blooded out in one punch to the ole nogin. His only problem was he let me come to. Can you imagine 2 white clowns going at it in front of maybe 3 ,4 hundred kids on a field trip. It was not nice! Anyway they exported him to Germany last I heard.
Old 07-31-08, 07:01 AM   #10
Mario Morris

Worked Lisbon, did a few sweet circle shows and seemed to be the only street show their, I kept geeting shut down. So it is best to do hit and run, they did wait till the end off the shows before they came over. I found the Portguise audiance to be recipitive. Found a great park up where I sorted the truck with the help of a local, he refussed to take any money off me even thoe he spent the day under my truck, I am still confussed. Veronica hand bag got grabed chassed the fuckers for as long as I could but they where gone. Mobile, I-touch one fat hat takings and so on. Glad to say no inportant docs. We are on the rd again and headed south.
If you do head to Lisbon and need a park up, head to Balm district and look out for Henry The Navergater mounument. Qwite safe FREE park up with great veiws when we left their was about 20 motors linned up.
Mario
Old 08-11-08, 01:02 PM   #11
Mario Morris

This is my last statment about Lisbon, they make it inpossible to work thier. You can run the rabbit but sonner all later. I got my self a permit for the place so I came back to work it cost 190 euro so I thought that was it. Should have read the small print they stuck me in front of a door number that you have to work in my case 285. In other words my permit is worth nothing. Buy buy lisbon.
Mario