performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 09-29-08, 04:46 PM   #1
Daniel Mooncalf

Default Snowbird Busking.

Assuming my office job folds, and I can overcome my (and my wife's) fear of change; I'll be travelling to busk to make my living (at least) through the winter.

For those of you in the know, and have the time/charity to indulge one more newbie question from Mr. Mooncalf; I would like a busker's review of a few places.

Seattle: Sounds stupid, right? Someone suggested it, saying that people will stick around in 40something degrees, during a light rain just to watch a show.

Key West: Jeep makes Key West sound delightful. I've always just assumed (without reason) that the place would be oversaturated with buskers.

Houston or New Orleans: I've read little about Nawlins since Katrina, and nothing recent about Houston. The biggest point for me would be location... They're close (relatively).

Atlanta: I've heard it's quite good. I've heard it's slightly dangerous, and I've heard you need a permit.

Phoenix, Tempe, Austin, Los Angeles, Las Vegas... I've read a couple of good things, a couple of bad things, and absolutely nothing recent.

I love you all. Thank you for your patience from my first post a few years ago, as I summoned the courage to TRY busking, and now, as I summon the courage to TRY it full time.

Last edited by Daniel Mooncalf; 09-29-08 at 04:48 PM.
Daniel Mooncalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 02:02 PM   #2
jeep caillouet

Default Busking

Daniel,there's no better fun than buskering around America and the world. So just grab your balls and do it. But to answer some of your questions... Atlanta for get it there's really no good place to work there...If you've never been to Seattle you should try it you'll meet a lot of great buskers there you want make a lot of money there but you'll have a lot of fun. I did better there at a place downtown called West Lake Mall. If you choose to go that way you'll do much better in Vancouver,Canada even in the Winter.Portland is O.K. Santa Cruise is better than San Fransisco on down to Santa Babara 3rd St. in L.A. ,Venice Beech, Sana Monica down to San Diego Balboa Park. Las Vegas nah. If you need gas money there are a few places to work in New Mexico and Arizona Although My friend Dave Banjoseed works Arizona year round. Austin is a good place to work in the winter Dallas is OK at west end but Houston ain't to good. New Orleans is a must.Memphis you can work on Bealle St. and on the down town mall in the day time. Nashville 2nd and BroadwayClearwater pier 60,Datona, St.Augustine. are all good in Florida, but if you want to drink a little beer smoke a little weed Chase a few women( Sorry Jim some of us like the finer things in life) and just hang out then you can't beat Key West , although money has been a little slow here the last few months you can work every day.Sense Gazzo seems to be on some kind of extended vacation we don't have any magicians working here now. Heck come on down I'll take you sailing. Oh and there are too many other good places to work to mention at this time. Hell I've worked in lizard Lick, North Carolina and Toad Suck Arkansas before. So just do it and you'll have a great time! Let me know When your coming 305-923-1602. Toodleloo
Old 09-30-08, 02:15 PM   #3
stickman

Canada

Can I come sailing as well?
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 02:26 PM   #4
jeep caillouet

Default sailing

Tim, you know you always have a place with me, and yes I'll even let you take the helm.
Old 09-30-08, 03:07 PM   #5
Daniel Mooncalf

Default Thanks... I must take you up on that before long...

Although the sailing will likely have us both adding our lunches to the ocean, I'd imagine.

I guess if there's room for 10 jugglers, there's room for 2 or 3 magicians.
Old 10-01-08, 01:16 PM   #6
jeep caillouet

Default thatsettle'szit

Have a good trip and I'll see you when you get here. Just don't do Gozzo's show. Damn,can you imagine 10 jugglers all doing the same thing ,juggling, and 3 Gazzo shows all going on at the same time. Makes me wish Todd Various would hurry up and get back. He don't juggle and Gazzo told him he couldn't do HIS show while he was working in Key West. So he started doing... ???? "Don't no body get no dog shows idea's,ya hear!" Damn the more I think of it I, think I will get me one of one of those refrigerator card board boxes and ...