performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > FOR SALE - WANTED > ITEMS WANTED

Old 09-29-08, 07:27 PM   #1
reidbelstock

Default Need Red Dube Silicon (all sizes)

I am looking to purchase Red Dube Silicone juggling balls in each size (2.5, 2.756, 3" ).

If anyone has some new or used and would like to sell them or trade, please let me know at the address below.

reid@reidbelstock.com

Cheers
Reid Belstock
reidbelstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 01:13 AM   #2
Steven Ragatz

Don't know if this will help or not, but you can cover silicone balls with a couple of latex balloons and have the color you want without losing much bounce. If you are doing five, or short runs of seven, I think that you can get away with the slight imperfection that the balloon introduces. Of course, the biggest benefit to doing this is that it opens up a wide variety of colors! I did a metalic set for a show once that looked really nice and worked out quite well. Experiment with the size of the balloon as different colors influence the elasticity. Trim off the end with siscors, and work the balloon around the ball. Use a second one opposite the first to cover the hole.

Steven Ragatz
Steven Ragatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 11:16 PM   #3
reidbelstock

Default Balloons

Steven,
Thanks for the info. That is a great idea. I am not needing the color, as much as wanting it for matching up with costuming. The fact that Dube is not making them anymore, I am wanting to get one of each size simply to have in case I need them some day. I actually got an email from someone who had 5 for sale, but has never returned my messages. I have 2 of the 3 sizes, so I have to go with those for now, until I can sgrounge more.

Thanks again for the balloon idea. I am thinking of using it for my juggling balls that don't bounce, and going with another costume color, simply for the sake of the bounce.

Cheers
Reid Belstock
Old 10-02-08, 12:38 PM   #4
Jim
Your Host

Club

Reid,

I have 5 Red Dube 2.75" silicones. I don't really want to sell them, but if you ever need to use them for a gig or something, let me know.

I don't use them often, but I do want to keep them for the occasional gig or photo shoot that calls for red balls instead of my usual white ones. (That didn't come out right.)
Old 10-02-08, 08:58 PM   #5
reidbelstock

Default Red Silicone

Jim,
Thanks man,
You are the best. I will let you know if I am in need.

Cheers
Reid
Old 12-27-09, 01:35 PM   #6
Harry Boy

Send a message via AIM to Harry Boy

Oh wow, Talk about coincidence! ahahah.
I'm looking for the exact same thing! (I just posted a thread already)
But yes, I'm looking for only one 2.50 Red Silicone. If anyone has just one or knows anyone who has one, please let me know! Thanks a bunch!
Harry Boy is offline   Reply With Quote