performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > CURTAIN CALLS

Old 11-03-08, 11:44 AM   #1
jeep caillouet

Default Capt.Toney

Capt. Tony Tarracino died Saturday afternoon.He was a real legend in his own right. He was 92 years old.He was a dealer in shady mob dealings, gambler, skilled charter boat fisherman,gunrunner,and untiring ladies man,fathering13 children with 8 women among other things. He was also mayer of Key West. He was the guy that gave Jimmy Buffet his first real job playing at the legendary Capt. Tony's saloon.Buffet wrote "last mango in Paris about him. He was on the Dave Letterman show several times, as wall as other talk shows. I just watched a movie about his life as a drug smuggling (herion) runner from Cuba to Key West revolutionist."Cuba crossing" You can rent that on Net flick.A new book just this week was released about him"Life of a legend' He truly entertained the masses and will missed by all who's life he touched. I played in Capt. Toney's saloon well over 10 years and also also did his last child's 1st. birthday party as a clown 23 years ago. We just had our picture together in the'' Key West Citizen" news paper celebrating my 59th birthday. "Nearly every Key Wester has a story about him that begins
'the first time I met Capt. Tony...' " What a guy!
Old 11-03-08, 12:16 PM   #2
jeep caillouet

Default P.S.

For any interested Google Capt. Tony.