performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 01-29-09, 11:30 AM   #1
elbonko
Casual Observer

Default South East Florida?

Anyone know if there's a good legal pitch in the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood/miami area?

www.AaronBonk.com
elbonko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 11:56 AM   #2
jeep caillouet

You can work South Beach. Dallas is the one to ask. He works several different places along the east coast and west coast of south Fl. all year long. He's also up on the paid gigs.
Old 01-31-09, 07:57 PM   #3
The Amazing Beaumanz

Default East Coast Fl

As far as I know, you can work Ocean Drive.

There is Coco Walk in Coconut Grove.
There's a similar property on A1A in Ft. Lauderdale, I forget the name.

Hollywood has the Broad Walk and I work at almost every one of there city events and you can probably get away with doing shows near the park next to the pizza shop. They have a five day mardi gras celebration that is taking place in a few weeks you can probably get in on "cause I'll be in Texas for a gig and then to New Orleans for Fat Tuesday.

Speed Week in Daytona starts on Feb. 8th, followed by Bike Week, the Spring Break. The Boardwalk requires a permit fron Dino at Joyland Arcade. It takes a few days to get, but I will be over there for his son's Birthday party and the I have a gig in Sunrise, Fl.

I'll be away from my pitch here for a couple of weeks. The USA Breakdancers, my son, and myself are pretty much it for now. Chris cool and Chris the Bucketman come out frequently.

Ft. Myers is AWESOME!!! If you can adapt to their rules.

Call me 727-678-9728
Old 02-01-09, 09:07 AM   #4
jeep caillouet

Hey Dallas, played with wash board Willie this week at Margaritaville along with Sauce boss. All three of us played wash boards, and I must say what a show it was. Willie said he'll see you at the La. state fair.When you coming to see us?
Old 02-01-09, 09:58 AM   #5
toddvarious

Default well that is not quite right

fort myers will make you pass a back ground check and the pitch is very small. there is no room for your crowd and if you block the walk ways they call the cops who have no problems taking you to jail for nothing. fort myers has turned sour. don't go there. as for miami they have addapted a permit system. you get a assigned pitch and the permits are costly. I hear clear water is the best though.
toddvarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 11:59 AM   #6
The Amazing Beaumanz

Ft. Myer's, the last I heard, from Alex was good. Unfortunately he had to leave and go back home. He was working nightly with no problems at all. This was two months ago. And you can work during the day also.

Clearwater is a 4 hour gig as most of you know.

Daytona can be worked whenever you want 24/7. Not alot of rules no one "over top of you" watching every move you make and looking for reasons to shut you down. Show length is no issue and there is plenty of room. Hotels can be cheap except during major events and there are a few good spots to crash in your vehicle if needed.

Head over hear to Clearwater and I can steer you into a few directions or call me.

Dallas