performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL FORUM INFORMATION > USERS GUIDE / SUGGESTIONS / FORUM FAQ

Old 11-27-09, 04:36 AM   #1
Dynamikemagic

Default What is your interest in becoming a performer?

I saw Marshal Brodien in the 70's on a commercial with a magic set. After the magic set, I always wanted to continue magic. That is how I started. How did you get started?

Last edited by Dynamikemagic; 11-27-09 at 04:51 AM.
Dynamikemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-09, 09:16 AM   #2
Reb_TigerSoop

I can't remember NOT singing to everything and anything or picking up instruments and playing them.

Had a fascination for magic as a kid [rolling pennies over my hands and such] and everything about performing has always intrigued me. Same with juggling. However, being rather klutzy it wasn't my style. Had to train myself to dance and front.

At 18 I was jamming with friends at a table in a pizza joint and the owner hired me. That led to being an adult that did dive joints all over as singing/fronting/back up/guitar and bass. Busked for rent when necessary.

I think street performing is one of those things--you see a good one as a kid and think "Oh wow--now THAT is cool!"

Takes nerves of steel though. However, after living through the kind of dysfunctional bands you see in "The Committments" and the bottle chucking bar scene in the Blues Brothers too many times [if you seen those films] the street is MUCH, much easier.

Just gotta figure out the money angle, now!
Reb_TigerSoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-09, 06:06 AM   #3
Dynamikemagic

Good luck to you, dude.
Dynamikemagic is offline   Reply With Quote