performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 02-12-10, 12:25 PM   #1
jared

Hat Beijing Baby

I'm training in Beijing for the next 5 weeks. Street performing from what I've heard is a big nono and I'm not interested in being arrested. But would love to perform and make alittle money while I'm away. Does anyone have any tips for working out there.
Or even some cool places to check out?

Thanks!
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-11, 09:29 PM   #2
Mr Qwirk
... ___ ...

Hey Jared,

did you find anywhere to work while you were there?
I'm thinking of stopping over there on the way home to OZ in August, and would like to work if possible.
Mr Qwirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 10:53 AM   #3
Kate Awesome

Beijing scares the crap out of me.
I was there last year, briefly, and wouldn't even consider working street there... think 1930s Germany...

I balanced an umbrella on my face in Tiananmen Square for a photo and the cops were circling me, for that brief 30 seconds.
Old 07-06-11, 05:19 PM   #4
jared

Kate is very right. China can be scary. You can't walk far without seeing a man in uniform holding a big gun. Street performing isn't allowed at all and I would be very worried if an officer caught you doing anything illegal.
If you can get in touch with the right people, I think being a foreign performer in China ain't a bad gig. There are lots of entertainment shows on Chinese television and often they will have non-chinese performers; I think the novelty of being from another country and doing an act that is not traditionally Chinese would go far. But unfortunately I didn't get in touch with the right people.
I would however highly recommend going to China, if you haven't been. It was an amazing experience.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote