performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL FORUM INFORMATION > WHO'S WHO?

Old 10-07-08, 12:35 PM   #1
johnny mystic

Default Johnny Mystic Here...

Loosely Based On A True Story

My name is Christopher Robin Robertson the Strange of Burton-le-Coggles and I am Johnny Mystic.

My story goes like this, I was born and I do not rememeber it much but I was told It was December 5 1969. I was abandoned and adopted, prior to being adopted I was in a few different foster homes and at one point I mysteriously ended up with numerous broken bones and being cared for by junkies.

The wonderful Robertson Clan of the Washington Highlands took me in and made me one of their own. Later by age two I was being trained as an athelete, already shotting the put and boxing. I eventually wandered into the yard while still wearing the boxing gloves and punched a one eyed sheep dog on the nose.

The dog viciously attacked me and left me scarred in more ways than one.

I learned my first "magic trick" before the age of ten and that was from Mister Rogers, it was The Salt Shaker Through Table! I learned to lie well and get away with it by age five...being cute had it's advantages and I was smart enough to play it up. By the age of fourteen I was full on into magic and the con without a mentor.

At the age of seventeen I dropped out of high school which was a crushing blow to my father who was a respected teacher and track & field coach throughout the entire Pacific Northwest and beyond. After my first and worst decision ever I bowed my head and entered the School Of Hard Knocks.

I would like to say I ran away from home because it may add a certain type of flair to the story but my family was at that point happy to see me go. I was a bad seed and a typical selfish kid. I lived on the streets of Olympia, Tacoma and Seattle.

I pulled scams aplenty, broke many laws, lifted alot of wallets and would perform whatever magic I could...my thumb tip was my best friend.

I then became an interstate fugitive due to finding myself with the wrong crowd at the wrong time but it was quite an adventure to say the least which took me all the way to Mexico and back again... I will leave the sorrid details to your imaginations.

After all that I quickly left the evergreen state under cover of darkness for a dusty dirty brown one called Arizona, I hustled and flowed in Tucson, made a baby and split for Dutch Harbor Alaska to work the crab boats.

After a couple seasons of harrowing misadventures while fishing for crab I found my way back to my baby in Arizona...the mother of course had found solice (sp?)in the arms of her neighbor while I was away making money for my new family. Needless to say the relationship went downhill from there.

I then followed my heart to the east coast , but was dumped three days after arriving in Pittsfield Ma. another broken heart- so sad...So it was back to the streets again and at the ripe old age of twentyone I was more than willing to make a go of life as it was handed to me.

Magic once again helped me on my way, while hanging out on the North Street I would of course meet loads of people while performing magic. I was invited to a party to show magic to the guests, a private party this is where I met my future wife, she was the hostess, we eventually made more babies and ended up with a family of six plus one grandchild so far.

Through all of this, I've learned many important lessons, I've been mugged, shot at, stabbed, stalked, escaped from cops numerous times, started and stopped too many metal bands to remember and have broken ripped and torn far too many bones and ligaments to begin to count....also, I've performed countless magic shows for all ages.

Years later I crawled out of my cave with a hobble not unfamiliar with the onset of old age and at the insistance of my kids I bought a computer. A few years later I got the hang of using it and now here I am!

Ban Type: Permanent
Effective: Sat, Jul 12, 2008 - 05:27 PM

Last edited by johnny mystic; 03-20-09 at 03:51 PM.
johnny mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-08, 02:00 PM   #2
roughtoughcreampuf
Aggressively Unfancy

Send a message via AIM to roughtoughcreampuf Send a message via Skype™ to roughtoughcreampuf

Your story is very emotion provoking!
You could write a whole memoir about this!
Old 10-08-08, 01:27 PM   #3
jeep caillouet

I love creative writing.
Old 10-08-08, 07:55 PM   #4
johnny mystic

Jeep, ah yes, creative but true.
Ban Type: Permanent
Effective: Sat, Jul 12, 2008 - 05:27 PM
johnny mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 01:04 AM   #5
johnny mystic

Holy cow, I'm back!!!!