performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS... > PROMO STUFF (MARKETING, MEDIA, ETC.)

Old 09-27-10, 06:50 PM   #1
sippy

Default Promo Video!

Hello All!

I just completed our first actual promo video and was hoping to get some feedback on it! Any help is appreciated as always!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbruS-QYXvM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbruS-QYXvM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbruS-QYXvM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Or visit www.stiltguys.com
Old 09-28-10, 12:17 AM   #2
Isabella

What you do is really neat, and I enjoyed seeing the variety of characters.

The video feels very long - around the end of the first montage, I felt I had seen everything you offer, and then the rest of the video seemed repetitive. Maybe go with just a longer montage and less set-up of individual "acts"?

While the three-act structure seems like you have thought it through for your work, it didn't make a lot of sense as a client - I saw "guys on stilts do lots of cool stuff, no, wait, that was just the prologue, oh, no, I have seen this, now it's just longer." And if the three-act structure is what's most important to you, the acts are not differentiated enough to get a sense of why that is good information for the client to have.

In fact, the montage at the beginning - especially the bits of crowd/dog/person reaction - is strong enough that I felt I got the idea, and perhaps a longer montage (by 30 seconds or less) with bullet-points about the three acts would do just fine? You have such a strong visual impact, you could do more with less!

Nice to get to see your work!

Allison
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 12:41 PM   #3
Juggalicious

Send a message via AIM to Juggalicious

i agree with everything isabella said. it's way too long. it seems like you've got a great show in the making however the promo video should only demonstrate your absolute best and what makes you different.

The people watching your video see stuff like this all day every day from people all over the world. They don't want to see more of the same - they want to see what it is that you do and how you make it your own.

It is awesome that you have three separate acts however it all needs to be condensed into half the time. ANother good idea would be to have three separate promo videos for each of the acts.

keep on truckin'
alex

I have new juggling clubs.
Juggalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 12:42 PM   #4
Juggalicious

Send a message via AIM to Juggalicious

i agree with everything isabella said. it's way too long. it seems like you've got a great show in the making however the promo video should only demonstrate your absolute best and what makes you different.

The people watching your video see stuff like this all day every day from people all over the world. They don't want to see more of the same - they want to see what it is that you do and how you make it your own. ((and they want to see it as fast as humanly possible))

It is awesome that you have three separate acts however it all needs to be condensed into half the time. Another good idea would be to have three separate promo videos for each of the acts. - just an idea though, doesn't mean you have to, or should do it.

keep on truckin'
alex

I have new juggling clubs.
Juggalicious is offline   Reply With Quote