performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 11-14-10, 01:29 PM   #1
loki

Default clown in need of advice

I'm new to clowning, I can do some sideshow acts, juggle and ride a unicycle, I went to mooseburgers, I'm in the shrine clown unit, we do acts in a our circus and i'm getting experiance and learning more stuff everyday. My dream is to be a ringling clown, if even only for a year. I'm 37 now and just went to see the zing zang zoom ringling bros. circus. The clowns all looked super young and were doing a bunch of acrobatic flips and stuff. Am I to old to pursue this dream? What happened to the ringling clowns that were clowns for decades, is that a thing of the past now? I want to travel with a circus for a season or more, and really want to make it to ringling brothers one day. Where do I go from here?
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-10, 10:09 PM   #2
Mike Weakley

You need to send a video and any other promo material to:

Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Attention: Mr. David Kiser
8607 Westwood Center Drive
Vienna, Virginia 22182

In addition, you can also send all your info to:

Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
Talent and Production Department
1313 17th Street East
Palmetto, FL 34221

Ringling holds clown auditions periodically throughought the year. They just finished a series of them about a month or 2 ago. Not sure when the next one will be, but you should really try to go to one if you're serious about getting on the show. Go to www.ringling.com/clown to get more information on the auditions.

Most of the clowns on the Ringling show are definitely younger than you. But if you have the right look & material, your age wouldn't disqualify you. The days of Ringling clowns staying on the show for decades ended decades ago. Nowadays, you're considered "an old timer" if you've been there 5 years.

Sounds like you have some really good training, some good skills, and are currently performing. All of these are big pluses, and will help seperate you from the flood of other people who apply. If this truly is a dream of yours, then go for it. Don't give up, and let Ringling know how serious you are about this. That's the kind of people they are looking for. Good luck!

Mike Weakley
www.StiltFun.com
Mike Weakley is offline   Reply With Quote