performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS... > PROMO STUFF (MARKETING, MEDIA, ETC.)

Old 12-07-10, 04:54 AM   #1
Dynamikemagic

Default Website reviews needed

My clown website is just about done. Let me know what you think: http://www.detroitclown.com
Dynamikemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-10, 09:01 AM   #2
DavidDoyleEnt

Here's some quick pointers I personally would change:

The Photos & Video Page(besides not having videos yet):
I wouldn't link the pics directly to the image file for the "Larger Image" view. To me when you see a pic like that outside of the website, I feel it pulls you away from the site and you lose the interface of the site too. I'd either create a web gallery style set up where you would still be on the site and have control over the pics. It can be as basic as an HTML gallery or a full on Flash Gallery.

Blog Page:
With any page you put up, make sure the default text is remove. IE "Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!"

The overall color scheme and layout is nice. Though I'm not sure I would have bold texted the entire front page. It's a little rough on the eyes.

=) You look like a fun guy to me! Heh I need to post my website up here soon to get some pointers as well!
DavidDoyleEnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-10, 09:52 AM   #3
Mike Weakley

I agree with everything David mentioned above. All in all, I think it's a nice website. I really enjoyed all the photos you used. My favorite is the one with you & all the kids on the playground equipment. On your FUN page, were you planning on changing out your "fun" examples periodically? If you did, I believe people (especially kids) would revisit your site frequently... always wondering what fun, new things Dynamo has in store for them.

Mike
http://www.stiltfun.com
Mike Weakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 03:50 AM   #4
Dynamikemagic

Thanks guys. The videos are up. I will work on them so no YouTube ads are showing. I will have changes made to the photo gallery and the blog page. I will have a sketch made of myself to add on to the "fun" page.
Old 01-20-11, 08:23 PM   #5
Irina

Congratulations on your choice of domain - it will bring you a lot of clicks as putting your trade and location into domain name is the surest way to get attention of potential customers! If I were you - I would put all videos on a separate page because if people have slow-speed net connection or old CPUs the videos will freeze their computers - and they will look for another Detroit clown to book, nobody likes frozen screens! Just put best photos 'in your face" and keep videos on a separate page or on the bottom of the pages. It is a nice site, very logical, I will use some of your ideas when re-doing mine, I like how you offer different type of shows for different situations. If you do ballons as a street performer at festivals - you can mention this also, very often festivals want to have a ballon-clown for free - but you will make more $$ in tips then you usual rate...
Irina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-11, 12:51 AM   #6
Dynamikemagic

Thank you for taking your time to give me the great information.