performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 04-19-07, 12:35 AM   #1
nick nickolas

Default Auckland NZ busking policies

I've just been forwarded this link about the new proposed Auckland Busking Policies,
I'm flabbergasted that they have taken the time and put a lot of thought into it, well done Auckland City.
I like it a lot and agree with most they are saying, this is a draft and they are asking for it to be reviewed so have a look and let us all know what your thoughts are.
As far as I see Aucklands opened right up for us all,

cheers Nick
here's the link http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/coun...ce/default.asp
Old 10-20-08, 03:14 AM   #2
nick nickolas

This link doesn't work anymore can't find out any busking policies on thier site at all now,,
just thought I'd let ya'll know
Nick
Old 11-06-08, 02:57 AM   #3
MagiCol

Default Auckland Street Performance policy 2008

Busking permission Auckland city July2008
http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/coun...law/part20.asp
This should get you to the information.
Old 12-09-08, 03:17 AM   #4
MagiCol

Default Auckland Street Performance policy Dec 2008

For Auckland url:
http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/coun...ce/default.asp which I guess will be updated in next week or so seeing it was announced in The New Zealand Herald on Tuesday 9 December - front page - in article titled "Council sets out rules for buskers".
At the URL above, at the bottom of the page is a link titled
"Download a licence" (currently dated August 2008)and
"Download the Code of conduct handbook" (applies from 15 December 2008) [yet was approved in July 2007].
Happy busking!
Regards to all,
MagiCol - Colin C. Schwamm
Old 12-11-08, 03:39 PM   #5
MagiCol

the correct URL is http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/coun...ce/default.asp
Old 05-24-12, 06:14 AM   #6
MagiCol

Hi, fellow performers. About the middle of 2011 the City of Auckland for administration purposes got extended away out into the countryside, so now it covers about and hour's drive north or the Auckland downtown area, and an hour south of it. However, for public performing, apart from the cental area of Auckland city I don't think anyone is going to question a busker at work without a license.
The way that 'Street Performance Licence" is issued changed at the start of 2012. Prior to this you had to turn up at the correct Auckland Council Offices and fill out a form and then be issued the licence. Then from the start of 2012 or so, now you just go out on the downtown streets and perform and if a Council officer comes across you and wants to see your licence, if you haven't got a current one, you just ask him to issue you one and he does so on the spot. The last I knew, it lasts for 1 year. I suggest check about the different kind of performances at the time, to get as many types as you can on your licence - e.g. busker, group, Pavement [this is for chalk art at certain locations in downtown Auckland, circle show, walkby,Roaming acts. I think it's best to cover all your possible ways that you might perform.
If you are using sharp objects, last I knew, you had to show your act to a certain person/s who would back up your request, and that permission lasted only 3-6 months at a time. Also, your areas you are allowed to perform in withing the downtown area are restricted.
So, could it be any easier than the officer having to find you peforming before he gives you a licence? The officers at the moment dont seem to be out on the streets of downtown Auckland on the weekends.
Old 05-24-12, 06:17 AM   #7
MagiCol

When I said "sharp objects" in my post immediately above I should have also included "fire".
Old 05-29-12, 02:44 AM   #8
nick nickolas

Thanks for the updated info Col,

cheers
Nick
Old 05-29-12, 05:51 AM   #9
MagiCol

Hi, Nick.
When I said "sharp" and "fire" I think the actual word is "dangerous" objects used on the streets.
Nick, if/when you get to Auckland or north of that, I hope to get to meet you.

Last Saturday I arrived at my pitch for magic and balloon twisting in Whangarei and found a couple of fellows standing at the lamp-post chatting. One of them turned out to be Jimmy, skinny, light complexion and curly hair, a busking guitarist who said you and him had busked around in the past. From what he said, it was obvious he knew you. I hope I remembered his name right. He's got a motor home and is busking around NZ. He wanted a TT and I sold him one. He told me he had a gig that night and would use the TT with a cigarette and "knock" the people.