performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 08-02-11, 04:39 AM   #1
nick nickolas

Default Amsterdam

Anyone there or been there lately I will be there in a week,
any info would be good
cheers
Nick
Old 08-02-11, 04:48 AM   #2
gav

I'm pretty sure Sam (Mr, Fish) was there recently. You could try contacting him.
Otherwise check out this site. There's all the info you need on busking in Amsterdam.
http://www.straattheater.info/news.php
gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 08:25 PM   #3
Irina

Wink

I was there a couple of years ago in November - it was cold and raining, so I did not work on the street, but there were a lot of street musicians all over downtown, and I believe you can do anything you want on Dam Square where all tourists go. There were several living statues in the middle of the square. I would also check if there are any festivals - they have a lot of festivals in summer. If you need cheap place to stay - Vita Nova hostel on a boat near Nemo Musieum is awesome, they have small private cabins for 30 euro a night, 'all you can eat" breakfast and 2 euro beer. Do not openly take pictures in Red Light Districkt - they can break your camera, no photography allowed. No more magik mushrooms in smart shops, but they still sell truffles - same thing, just more expensive. Coffee shops are awesome! Enjoy Amsterdam, I envy you!
Irina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 03:41 PM   #4
nick nickolas

@se in Dam Sq yesterday should I say any more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-LJLf3XMgA
Old 08-22-11, 07:48 PM   #5
Irina

Fun movie! So gypsies gave you a hard time..They are there all the time, whole bunch of them. But it looks like you did pretty good with the tip-collection, and got a movie too!
Old 08-25-11, 09:09 AM   #6
SuperFrank

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick nickolas View Post
@se in Dam Sq yesterday should I say any more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-LJLf3XMgA
Don't be so overdramatic, Nick. This was just a minor incident on an ordinary day on Vampire Square.

But I would love you to upload some average conversation between me and Mark Cmor on YouTube.
SuperFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 09:45 AM   #7
Irina

There are also pitches in 'club districkt" - I do not remember its name but it's where Milky Way club is located...I saw jugglers and street musicians there, and it may be a good night pitch. In winter they have skating ring , but it is probably just a square in summer... I would also try Waterloo Market - there are a lot of people shopping there.
Old 08-25-11, 01:56 PM   #8
Lee Nelson

hey Nick, long time no see! Hope your family is well!
Whats the context of that video....did he start up in their midst or did they come in and try and muscle him out?
Lee Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-11, 08:28 AM   #9
nick nickolas

Th Dam Sq has been full of politics vampires and werewolves, the statues decided to muscle into Adseys show on the clip, Super Frank was there but didn't do anytghing as he says,, just another day in the Dam lol, you can still buy mushrooms, weed, whores and bike parts all over,
If you wanna work Dam Sq bring garlic with you,

Will maybe put some footage of Super Frank the pitch queen up soon,

Nick
Old 08-27-11, 09:52 AM   #10
SuperFrank

Of course I didn't do anything. You know how much I always keep low profile and avoid any confrontation

The case was that the city council didn't want us to block the special path for blind people and wheel chairs. So we were kind of forced more towards the center of Damn Square. As the youtube video shows, some were not too happy about that. After this we were allowed back again.

All respect for Adzy/@Z/Atci/Edsee/Atsey for keeping cool and profi and getting sympathy from the council while saying stuff like "f?cking c?nts" and being in his underwear. Bobarino did some groundwork I suppose.

And what do you mean "politics"? The other day I bought Mark a beer. It was difficult but I did. We agreed to do some cuddling after the weekend.
SuperFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 01:02 AM   #11
Samora Squid

OK, the statues are being dicks, but the racist shit he's pulling out is quite unreasonable and makes the situation worse. If you watch the vid, you'll notice that the more he mentions their nationality, the more of them he has to deal with. The way he's talking, it sounds like his problem is not with the fact that they're in his show, but their ethnicity. Which, of course isn't the case. I hope not, anyway. If they were from England or Oz, would you have mentioned that fact? I doubt it.

He aggravates matters by going on about it. The public knew what was happening, supported him and would have ignored the arseholes, if he had.

I appreciate that in the heat of the moment, we don't always think straight, but geez, swearing your head off, slagging them off about what country they're alledgedly from and playing the victim really doesn't do you or any other circle acts any favours.

Deal with pitch politics AFTER the show, not in front of punters.

THose guys really are being pricks, though. My sympathy goes out to him and I can't honestly say how I would have delt with that.
Samora Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 08:00 AM   #12
Irina

I totally agree with you - this was pretty racist! The situation with gypsies in Europe is really bad, so he might get some support from the crowd particularly for being anti-gypsy, gypsies in Europe send little kids to beg and they are ALL OVER the place, plus they are illigals on welfare - draining public resourses and increasing petty crime... I still think that it is way more civilized to avoiod any racist/nationalistic remarks in public...in US you can get sued for that!
Old 09-03-11, 08:29 AM   #13
gav

Gave me a great idea for a movie.
A serial killer travels around the world killing off talentless statues, and nobody steps up to solve the mystery.

I feel a bit sorry for the guy performing, but he should have made more comedy from the situation and not put down their nationality so obviously and he definitely shouldn't have started swearing cause that just made him look like an uneducated foul mouthed generic escape performer. Only 1 step above the statues he was putting down.

Great learning experience for though. Lesson 1, there are so many better places to perform in Europe than Amsterdam.
gav is offline   Reply With Quote