performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > CONTACT PEOPLE / ANNOUNCEMENTS / HOUSING > HOUSING

Old 02-27-02, 08:35 AM   #1
Daisy

Send a message via ICQ to Daisy
Lurk London housing needed and internet access

I'm going to London for a bit in April 2002. I'm looking for a cheap place to rent (weekly?) or a good hostel. I also need fast internet connection for my laptop (I have to use my own computer for a specific downloading thing). Easy Everything sadly won't work. Any ideas on these two things? Thanks.
Old 03-13-02, 09:57 PM   #2
le pire

Lurk

Daisy,

The best inexpensive hostel I found in London was the International Student house at 229 Great Portland Rd. Tel: +44 171 6318300

I think is was like 12 pounds for a bed in the dorm, and 18 pounds for a bed in a four person dorm. Breakfast included. Personally I recommend the four person room. Call ahead to reserve, as hostels in London tend to fill up.

If your broke, drunk and kicked out of the appartment by your girlfriend, or just in from Newcastle, there is a gymnasium at king's cross that will let you sleep on the floor in ratty blankets and on filthy foam rubber matresses for 5 pounds. I still have a rash...

you can try http://www.hostels.com

As for an internet conection for your laptop... GOOD LUCK! Spent last summer with a couple of yanks who searched for 10 weeks for a jack for their I-books and had no luck whatsoever anywhere.

e t i e n n e

p.s. London is the only city I've ever been to where you have to pay
to go to the juggling club. Scotland, I could understand...
le pire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-02, 01:49 PM   #3
Daisy

Send a message via ICQ to Daisy
Lurk

Thanks, Etienne. I'll check out your suggestion. I'm in London now trying to find a place. I found a place to get laptop internet access 4 / hour (EEK) but I'm finding it harder to find a hostel with a reasonable locker to lock up the laptop. If it didn't earn me so much money on the side I'd pitch the dang thing anyway.

Have a great summer.

daisy