performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS... > MOTIONFEST

Old 02-19-03, 09:13 PM   #1
Evan Young

Send a message via AIM to Evan Young
Post adventures getting to motionfest

Dave Cox got to my house last monday and spent the week there in columbia mo hanging out. My birthday was fun and we went to some parties.
On saturday we left, but right as we were leaving we noticed that our tires had problems. His front right tire had a huge bubble in the side wall and my front right tire had a slow leak in it. So that pushed our departure back a few hours. We took two cars b/c we are going seperate ways after motion fest.
We got to Denver at 9am on sunday morning, and went to breakfast with one of my exes. Then I took dave up to boulder to check out the pearl street mall in boulder, and then we brought a bunch of people back to go to a hip hop concert in denver. We spent the night at my exe's place and left for Reno around 11am mon morning.
The drive through the mountians is of course stunning. We made frequent stops to take pictures of us juggling at rest stops (woo hoo).
I got pulled over in Utah for a bad tail light, the cop said I looked nevous and asked to search my car. I said sure because I was sure I didn't have anything, but he found stuff I forgot I had. Rolling papers and a film canaster with pot dust in it. So I got a parafanalia ticket. The irony of this is that it's the first road trip I have taken without any actual drugs in the car.
Later on that night it snowed on us hard in some mountian pass. We thougth about doing doughnuts in the middle of I70, (there were allmost no other cars), but we wussed out.
Tuesday morning my car broke down right where US 50 takes off by itself west into Utah. Dave knows how to fix cars and had his tools with him, but we had to drive up to Provo Utah (the nearest VW dealer) to get the part to replace what went bad. Five hours later it took Dave about 15 min to install the new part. That part cost me $200.
My car passed the 100k mile mark at 2:25am, we stoped and took a pic of me and the beast.
We got into Reno at around 3am this morning and got a room. Later this morning we realized that the fest doesn't actually start until tomorrow. We never bothered to figure out when stuff was hapening, we just knew that the 19th was the first date on the schedule. We feel pretty stupid, but who cares, it was a fun trip.

ka-pow!
www.globalevan.com
www.showoffshow.com
www.evanshotme.com
Evan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-03, 07:52 AM   #2
Cybele

Smile

Evan-

I enjoyed your journey, thanks for sharing; have a wonderful time at MotionFestWest! Wish I could be there with you guys.

xox, Cybele
Old 02-20-03, 03:58 PM   #3
Mr.Taxi Trix

I've got Motionfest Envy. Enjoy, you lucky.

FYI...
What is in your car is none of the cop's business, legally.
Cops only ask for that permission because they have to. If you decline, they cannot search. More than keeping you safe, politely declining permission keeps you at high status in relationship to the cop. There's nothing to be gained in allowing. Betcha won't forget that.
Mr.Taxi Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-03, 08:45 PM   #4
Evan Young

Send a message via AIM to Evan Young
I'm deffinitly never letting a cop into my car again. the ticket is $370.
An open container of alchohol is only $100. What a bunch of BS.

ka-pow!
www.globalevan.com
www.showoffshow.com
www.evanshotme.com
Evan Young is offline   Reply With Quote