performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > FESTIVAL DISCUSSIONS

Old 12-12-00, 05:03 AM   #1
Dead Wood Records

Post "Festival Of Festivals"

Hello again all of you!

Lets hope that this time we can get a serious
topic going on the organisation of this festival I have in my mind for the year 2002.

I will require serious assistance from many of you worldwide, plus I intend to finance this festival in a very different way to the norm.

If you are interested in being involved with it's organisation then start presenting some suggestions or ask some questions and I will see if I can answer them for you.

------------------
Trevor Rooney

[This message has been edited by Trevor Rooney (edited 12-12-2000).]

Spoook

Dead Wood Records is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-00, 08:07 AM   #2
Brian Wilson

Send a message via ICQ to Brian Wilson
Hey Trev,
Why don't you seek out sponsorship as usually happens with festivals. I hate to say it but what happens if your beloved festival get rained out.. then you'll have a whole bunch of grumpy acts who are all out $1000US.

With sponsorship acts won't have to pay to perform at your festival. You could pay them....
Old 12-12-00, 10:59 AM   #3
Dead Wood Records

Thank you for your comments Brian!

I reply to you but also try to explain a few things in detail so that any other people who see this discussion can put their pennies worth in.

So Ok Brian your comments were fair Ok! What I want to tell you is that the idea of the perfromers being involved finatially is to make them part of the business, I think it's a good idea to go to the potential sponsors and tell them that the artist's themselves around the world are doing things that include raising money and creating interest worldwide by telling the public that they can participate also.

In the course of things I wish to not only get the public to pay towards the festival but to also seek the large sponsors who would be interested in the idea.

My ultimate aim is to organise some world events, provided by the solo or group artist's in the world, it will be something like a festival world aid day where the artists can participate and do just one hat for the cause, the publicity from this would be fantastic and if this is done by all who see the idea of making up a massive street performers festival between all of us is a colossal one.

Brian it might sound a bit far fetched but I beleive that there are people I know out there who will help get things going, if the word is passed around and all artist consult me I can arrange a date where in the Southern hemisphere at the end of next year a united effort can be made. The same can be for the northern hemisphere to.

What i need is for all the artist's who are interested in being involved is to consult this "Topic" business adventure and get involved, once I know who wants to do it then we can all work together on making the money necessary to show the sponsors that there is united effort and not just me on my own.

I fully intend to pay all the artist's their normal fees, and of course organise a plan so that all those who gave money will get something back out of it.

If profits are involved and I know they certainly can be then these will be shared out in accordance to how much you put in.

If the plan goes perfectly then all artist who involved themselves will definately get booked, plus will see an on-going festival every year thus expanding.

The other plan is to provide the audience with a system where it can be proved they tipped towards the festival. This means that they will have already have paid their entrance fee into the festival.

The method of utilising this has been discussed with the bank, and they are very interested in my idea, they reckon they can organise something so that the incoming money can be watched by all who are involved.

There are other plans that run alongside the idea, i want to organise a large sponsor to make up a live TV internet show, combined with a publicly orientated web site.

Frank from the "Spice Boys" in Amsterdam is going to organise the site for me and Marty in Amsterdam wants to help out with his 100%

Please dont hink I am in this to rip any of the artist's off, I wish to organise this so that all of us can benifit from what I imagine to be the largest street perfromers festival in the World.

So there is the basis of it! and I know after much thought that there are many things to do, if you have any ideas or wish to help out and get involved you are more than welcome to help me set this monster up.

I also intend to contact all the festivals in the world, and what I am going to attemp to do is ask them all to give a small amount of money towards our festival. I presume that id only 25% of the festivals give a small fee that the money side of things will be astronomical, and could run into millions.

This is the reason why I call it the "Festival Of Festivals" sponsored by them and by the artists and the public.

It's a three way thing but I have a big sponsor, a large beer company who wants to meet me and talk about it in January!!!!

This sponsor alone will hopefully generate enough cash flow to create an average festival in any case.

The festival is intended to be in 2002 and this give me plenty of time to get it all organised so that there wont be any problems with last minute things.

In so far as the weather is concerened this is something that every open air festival has and of course I cannot quarantee that trhe sun will be shining on those days or week (S) But of course the date of the festival would be made in the height of the summer her in Holland.

After Holland I intend to move it to another location on the planet and this is when I can help keep the festival going.

It's not a circus it's a special festival that will also use the profits to do good things for the world community and the nature.

Give me some more positive stuff please.

Cheers " Festival Of Festivals "

------------------
Trevor Rooney

Spoook

Old 12-12-00, 04:36 PM   #4
Dead Wood Records

Thank you Brian for your private e.mail, I will also put you in touch with Frank in Amsterdam and Marty. A.J in England will also be involved so if you dont have is contact address I will send it to you.

What I want to do is establish contacts in different countries to get the message out.

We will organise things together and try to correspond about the general idea about making it work.

Thats all for now!

------------------
Trevor Rooney

Spoook

Old 12-12-00, 07:46 PM   #5
Brian Wilson

Trev,

Just email me!
No need to post your comments to me on this brand spanking new board. (Nice as it is.....)
Old 12-12-00, 08:10 PM   #6
Dead Wood Records

Brian I dont think you have got the drift of this idea of mine, if your'e going to mess me around then I am just not interested in doing anything with you!

We might as well have this as our BLa Bla Bla
site, anyway thank you for your private questions, I have one for you! Do you have a brain or are you just trying to take the piss out of me for doing something more important than what you might be doing with your life.

Sometimes you have realise that you are wasting your time with people OK!

Now the next time you e.mail me answer my questions, dont hassle me with your pathetic little guips because you feel threatned.

Hey there Jim hows this for a good start?

You get peole coming on to have what should be a serious discussion and you find that every-one abuses every area of your site.

What are you gonna do about it, keep threatning people with these private e.mails
saying dont do this and dont do that.

Seriously if you think that your'e having trouble Jim with all of this, then I must admit that as I am trying to organise a serious festival I would expect some bloody intelligence from at least some of you.

I am beginning to feel that I might be wasting my time with all of you! I just would like to know why all you guys are all acting like a bunce if children, on here and privately.

Come on my topic if your'e seriously interested of go to some-one elses pitch.

Cheers

------------------
Trevor Rooney

Spoook

Old 12-12-00, 09:24 PM   #7
Jim
Your Host

Trevor you stopped making any sense about five posts ago.

First,
I'm not sure if Brian knows that you're posting his private emails on a public forum, but the second he asks me, I will delete this entire topic. You have no right to do that.

Secondly, after reading Brian's messages, I have no idea why you're all heated up and defensive. Brian is one of the nicest and most professional entertainers I've ever met. His emails were clearly written, his questions were competely normal and honest. And he was even joking around. What is so threatening about that?

You are getting way out of line.

Jim
Old 12-13-00, 08:40 AM   #8
Queenie1

Trevor
I hate to say it, but I think Jims right here..the problem is (and me included) we are on the defensive as we have been publicly insulted here before! I don't think Brian was being funny myself....
Queenie
Queenie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-00, 07:06 AM   #9
Brian Wilson

Lightbulb

Trevor.
Sorry if you my emails offended you. They weren't meant to. In fact I only asked some questions that hadn't been answered. I was also curious as to who you are, as you don't have a personal website, I have never met you and I don't know what your personal performing experience is.

Again I'm sorry to have gotten you so riled up. But I am somewhat happy that I'm off the list. The pressure was getting to me!

Good luck with your festival and best regards....

Old 12-17-00, 08:38 PM   #10
Dead Wood Records

Currently I dont need a web site to pretend to be all cool and such stuff, i have managed to get plenty of work without one thank you very much.

A web site isn't the B all and end all to being an artist, havn't you ever heard of word of mouth?

Spoook

Old 12-18-00, 06:32 AM   #11
Brian Wilson

I existed getting gigs through word of mouth for a few years. The website works better.
Old 12-18-00, 09:01 AM   #12
Dead Wood Records

Well there will be aweb site for this festival but initially the site will be put there so that it can be used as a way of raising the money required to put the festival up. My aim will be to make at least something in the region of one million, So that I can afford to pay the artists good fees, all their expenses including flights and provide much, much more.

------------------
Trevor Rooney

Spoook