performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 09-19-04, 09:19 AM   #1
$cottbox

Send a message via ICQ to $cottbox Send a message via AIM to $cottbox Send a message via Yahoo to $cottbox
Lightbulb What do you think?

Will humans last another century without being burned up by the Sun's powerful UV rays.
The Earth is being raped for all shes worth, resources are depleting, and to me it seems everyone is just like, I'll be dead by the time it happens type attitude
So what do yas think, are we definetley our own enemy, Are we calling our dooms day by ourselves.
Sorry this is such a serious thread, just want yur opinions on the future. I love science fiction movies that depict the future, like I ROBOT, which di a awesome job, every detail was perfect

Keep the smoke rollin!
Keep the beats pumpin!

don''t let the HEAT out the COLD
$cottbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-04, 02:52 AM   #2
Doctor Eric

"like I ROBOT, which di a awesome job, every detail was perfect"

Unless you've read the book, in which case the voice in the back of your head going "who the !@#? put Will Smith in an Asimov story?!?!?" can be distracting. However I must say that the revenue generating product placement was impeccable.

!?www.ericcash.com?!
Doctor Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-04, 06:26 AM   #3
scot

Send a message via AIM to scot

I ROBSCOT
Every detail of what is perfect? There is nothing to the movie. The plot is barely there. The action is more camera action than anything, and the chick isn't even that hot.

I saw it last night. I wasn't disapointed it gave me the huge budget voiceless movie I expected.

The Environment
It would be nice if it mattered to anyone. I don't know what all I do to the environment every day, but I know I try some to do my part. I reduce, reuse, and recycle and I eat a vegan diet (no animal products). I started being vegan after reading the info on this site: TaxMeat.com It's not as much about animal rights as about our rights to better use of government funding and our rights to a better environment now.

One new belief of mine is that I should live the way I wish everyone did. That's why I'll be voting this year.
Old 09-20-04, 06:32 PM   #4
Scot Free

Quote:
Originally posted by scot

I started being vegan after reading the info on this site: TaxMeat.com It's not as much about animal rights as about our rights to better use of government funding and our rights to a better environment now.
this site lays it out pretty good.
Scot Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-04, 08:38 PM   #5
Peter
Unused member

1. We humans are called omnivores, being designed to eat both plant and animal. We get some basic proteins only from animals and others only from plants. We do need both for a healthy lifestyle.

2. Show me a cow, or any other animal, that pays taxes and that's the son of a bitch with "rights." Until then, I am the top of the food chain and my taxes help supply the world with meat products, so I might as well enjoy them too.
Old 09-20-04, 10:44 PM   #6
Doctor Eric

And I thought Vegans were preachy

#1 You've heard it all before, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

#2 I didn't waste enough of your time with an unoriginal rant the first round, blah, blah, blah.

I can't stand it when people make meat eaters look bad, personally, the less there is of an animal, the more I want to fry it up, but !@#? Peter, let the hippies make THEMSELVES look silly, cuz you're doin' a piss poor job.
Besides, most Vegans are real lazy, so it makes them the human equivalent of milk-fed veal. That brings up another point, I may be going to Australia soon, and I was wondering if you can buy grilled baby Joey there, I'd be way into it.

And Scot, that site looks like you designed it, your sense of aesthetics didn't sway your decision, did it?

(Edit: Nery, I mean)

!?www.ericcash.com?!

Last edited by Doctor Eric; 09-20-04 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-21-04, 01:49 AM   #7
Peter Voice

Ummm,,,,,,,,,, Eric, you may have the wrong Peter.
Old 09-21-04, 02:04 AM   #8
Doctor Eric

"Ummm,,,,,,,,,, Eric, you may have the wrong Peter."

DAMNIT! I KNEW the blood on the sheets was suspicious... I shouldn't drink so much.

No, seriously, I was talking to the Peter who posted, what the !@#? are you talking about? Oh, the Australia thing, just a general question, but feel free to answer it.

!?www.ericcash.com?!
Old 09-21-04, 06:10 AM   #9
scot

Besides, most Vegans are real lazy, so it makes them the human equivalent of milk-fed veal.
uh?

Here you go Peter. Here's the rational side of your debate. I didn't say you should eat less meat. I was telling what I do with concern for the environment.
#1 People have proven for decades that humans can survive by eating meat and that humans will eat meat. That history is what makes them omnivores. Our teeth (less sharp than guerillas') and long digestive tracts make our bodies more suited for plant eating.

8 of the 22 amino acids in complete protein can not be produced by the human body. These essential amino acids are all found in plants and they are all found in animals. Soy beans are the only plant source which contains all 8, but you don't need all 8 together in the same dish or even the same meal. If you eat a balanced diet including pulses and grains and no soy you will still get all the protein you need to stay healthy. Though I'm sure you would have known all of this if you actually cared about being healthy.

#2 A cow should pay taxes in order to get rights! ha ha. That's hilarious. Er, wait. No you're a moron.

If you had watched Lion King, you would know that there is no top to the food chain. It's a circle of life. Hakuna Matata, friend -- Me being a hippie. Humans (and lions) decompose and are eaten by little tiny things.

The less meat you eat, the less public spending goes toward it. It's related to a magical thing called supply and demand.

Now, it's time for a cheap shot photo showing how healthy meat eaters are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paddylarge.jpg (52.1 KB, 187 views)
Old 09-21-04, 06:45 AM   #10
Doctor Eric

Sorry, I meant grain fed veal.

"Soy beans are the only plant source which contains all 8"

Soy also produces an unhealthy amount of estrogen in the system, that's why you're such a pussy, Scot.

!?www.ericcash.com?!
Old 09-21-04, 07:00 AM   #11
Peter
Unused member

Good One Scot. My question is where, besides my own site, did you get my characters picture? Yes that is me in Character.

However, I am still right6 and you're wrong. The socalled "abuse" of animals and the other bullshit that the "vegan" community puts out just doesn't exist. Yes some calfs are castrated, have you ever watched it happen? I have and the only thing the calf bitchs about is being laid down on its side, they prefer to stand.

No the vegan thing is strictly political. I don't care what your political views are just don't try to force me into believing them.
Peter
Old 09-21-04, 07:09 AM   #12
Doctor Eric

" just don't try to force me into believing them."

yer a funny guy, for a clown. So far, you're the only one insisting that you're right, the scots just posted a couple links, and the more you try to argue you're point the more youmngrfrrrrrRRRAAARGH! I give up. You're right, you must be, you're so damned convinced of it.
But have you considered letting Christ into your heart as your Lord and Personal Saviour?

!?www.ericcash.com?!

Last edited by Doctor Eric; 09-21-04 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-21-04, 07:52 AM   #13
martin ewen

Lurk chew carefully

"I don't care what your political views are just don't try to force me into believing them."
(but just in case your thinking about it heres a taste of the sort of ammo I'm packing)
"The socalled "abuse" of animals and the other bullshit that the "vegan" community puts out just doesn't exist."

Other ironclad facts include;
Clowns are funny.
Rain is wet.
Cows are dirty grass murderers.
martin ewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-04, 08:51 AM   #14
$cottbox

Send a message via ICQ to $cottbox Send a message via AIM to $cottbox Send a message via Yahoo to $cottbox

Why dont all of yas eat a steak and call it even. Peter that first post was sooo American, thx . Scot, I Robot had great detail in their vision of how future cars look and work, gagdets, crazy robots, buildings, food, reactions, television, life in general. And yeah I recycle reduce and reuse, I eat meat, and me vegey's, I like a hearty meal myself. So no one has depicted their version of the future yet, cmon guys!!!!!

EDIT::: There is a lot of Scott/Scot's in this thread

Keep the smoke rollin!
Keep the beats pumpin!

don''t let the HEAT out the COLD
$cottbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-04, 09:51 AM   #15
Stretch

Quote:
resources are depleting
No destruction, just conversion.

But to answer your question, I am an optimist. Of course "they" say pessimists live longer. The voices tell me I am cynical.

Science fiction films predict "a" future, not "the" future. Thank God!

Which of these is true?:

In 199 years from now, it will be fashionable to eat roaches. We will all go to roach bars for a snack. People will raise organic, hybred, geneticly engineered roaches in shoe boxes under their beds. People will breed them for color, like Koi fish. There will be roach shows where domesticated, trained roaches will show their stuff to win ribbons.

The fashionable will wear live roach pins on their clothing and hair. The daring will combine body piercing with live roach jewlry.

People will go naked until their hair is long enough to be shorn to weave clothing. Genetic enhancements will speed the process.

Those in a hurry will pop a pill and all of their hair will fall off; barbers will be furious untill they adapt.

Finger and toenails will grow with a clam shell toughness and mother of pearl sheen.

Chocolate will be a controlled substance in at least three countries. To cope with shortages of chocolate we'll pop a pill to make us acutly sensitive to extremely small amounts of chocolate.

Cheap synthetic diamond dust will be used in make up.

A tax revolt will force the abandonment of the current special interest serving abomination and the adaption of a universal transaction tax. The economy will grow by at least 6% overnight. Government spending will increase by 20% within 5 years.

The adaption of distributed power production will liberate people and protect the environment. Big business will be in the forefront.

The economy will grow to such an extant that street beggers, at least in the U.S., will be equipped with personal
air conditioning systems worn under their clothing. They will put on make up to look sunburned to attract sympathy.

In 200 years I'll learn to spell. Where the !@#$ is the spelt ckequer on this thing?!

http://www.stiltwalker.com/

http://www.bubbletower.com/

http://www.youtube.com/stiltpro

http://stiltpro.blogspot.com/
Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-04, 10:58 AM   #16
scot

Soy also produces an unhealthy amount of estrogen in the system, that's why you're such a pussy, Scot
I'll punch you thoroughly when I get home.

My question is where, besides my own site, did you get my characters picture?
I clicked on the photo on your home page. Your confusing writing has spread beyond food debates.

However, I am still right6 and you're wrong. The socalled "abuse" of animals and the other bullshit that the "vegan" community puts out just doesn't exist.
You're right(6) about your idiotic midwest opinions and I'm wrong about facts?

Yes some calfs are castrated, have you ever watched it happen? I have and the only thing the calf b*s about is being laid down on its side, they prefer to stand.
I never said anything about castration. How was it watching that? What did your date think? Was there a hay ride or a dance afterward?

No the vegan thing is strictly political. I don't care what your political views are just don't try to force me into believing them.
That kind of apathy can lead to a lengthy discussion.

Keep typing though. You're just a few monkeys short of shakespeare.

Scot, I Robot had great detail in their vision of how future...
It's set 31 years from today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scot_ravaged.jpg (42.2 KB, 232 views)
Old 09-21-04, 11:26 AM   #17
martin ewen

Lurk And you being homo-erotic advances your argument how?

I just do titles now.
martin ewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-04, 12:24 PM   #18
Woofnah

Default ... and I care why?

I ROBOT:
I liked it for what it was -- a fun, action adventure movie set in the future with robots. Basic plot: Good versus evil. Subplot: evoution of man-made robots into independent, free thinking, life forms. [Gosh what a surprise! I've never seen that done before!] I saw it as being a genre and an object completely independent of the book; therefore I enjoyed it.

MEAT VS NOT-SO-MEAT:
http://members.tripod.com/c_rader0/essentl.htm
From here we see the essential amino acids from which all others can be made: isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine,tryptophan and valine

http://asprey.net/life/aminos.htm
From here we find that soy protein is a low-quality protein.

http://www.ariaprotein.com/women_pro...hey_combo.html
From here we see that soy is defficient in methionine and threonine; and inhibits iron absorption. This site says that soy and whey combined are a wonderful diet.

Some people radiate sex-appeal; some, cuteness, some naivety, some ... well ... you get the idea. I radiate energy, like a constantly exploding nuclear bomb. I also have a bad habit of pointing the blatantly obvious social feaux pas of people in a rather not so polite way (I called Todd Strong an asshole for making a joke at the expense of ppl w/disabilities .... but I digress...). I tend to just scare the crap out of everyone around me because they are afraid of getting blown up -- most of the time they don't don't know why I scare them so they make up some bs reason and try to rationalize. The more physically active I am, the more energy I have; thus the more aggressive I become and the more energy expended. When I eat meat, I also get WAY more energy; thus more aggression (lots and lots) and more energy expended.

Therefore, it is safer for those around me (especially men) if I avoid eating meat. However, if I'm going out with the express plan of packin' in a male, I like to have a nice, juicy steak for dinner!
Woofnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-04, 04:48 AM   #19
scot

Scot So... Eat a balanced diet? or eat only meat instead of only soy?

I'm with martin on this one.
Old 09-22-04, 12:50 PM   #20
Woofnah

Default can't balance a check book much less a diet

I say:

Eat whoever you damn well want!
Woofnah is offline   Reply With Quote