performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > FESTIVAL DISCUSSIONS

Old 04-25-02, 11:25 PM   #1
David Groves

Love Money for festivals?

Hey, I'm organizing a busking festival in Asia, and am wondering what the appropriate rate is to attract good buskers to it. Any ideas?

You may know me by my book, BE A STREET MAGICIAN: A HOW-TO GUIDE (Aha! Press, 1998, $30). The book itself helps me to promote busking in general, and it helped attract the attention of this Asian client.

I want to be fair to buskers but also stay within budget restraints of the sponsors. What do you think?
Old 04-26-02, 08:59 PM   #2
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Hat

Would that mean your next book would be entitled "How To Organize A Street Festival in Asia?"

Sorry to say this but from what I've heard (Gazzo et al) you seem to be here on the planet (pronounced p.net) to promote the sale of a poorly researched book on street magic.

Before you take any more money out of our hats and put it in yours I suggest you earn your street stripes first.

If you really want to know about any particular busking topic (like fees n'such) perhaps you might take the time to scroll down a thread or two and see what's already been written before posting your publisher's name and the price of your predacious belles-lettres.
Old 04-27-02, 01:53 AM   #3
David Groves

Gee, that's a nice welcome to this bulletin board.

Oh yeah, that's Robert, isn't it? He's the one who was chased off of Universal CityWalk because of antisocial behavior.

As far as my my dues, I perform on the street nearly every weekend in Los Angeles, and have been busking since 1993. Any more questions?
Old 04-27-02, 03:30 AM   #4
Chance

mazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazuma

Ideas? Sure, here are a couple...

Should you ever revise your infamous book on street magic (which I have read, but thank God I didn't have to pay for) I recommend you use only the real names of everyone mentioned; forget about using alias' altogether. This will make you much more vulnerable to legal action, of course -- but a journalist/magician/all-around-great-guy of your experience and moral judgement shouldn't have any worries on that front, right?

mazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazuma zumazumazumazumazuma

I mean, who could ever accuse you of using alias' in order to cover your tracks as you re-write history (read that: lying by omission, lying outright, recalling ficticious events as though they were fact) just to serve your own selfish ends?

mazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazumazu ma
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-02, 05:59 AM   #5
DEBBIE ROBINSON

Blimey...I have to read his book. Who can lend me a free copy?
!!! !!! !!!
DEBBIE ROBINSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-02, 11:52 AM   #6
Paul Blair, Hula-Hoop Stuntman

Question

Since when is "Universal CityWalk" "the street" and who decided they get to judge what "antisocial behavior"- the essence of good street performing IS?!?
www.DizzyHips.com
Paul Blair, Hula-Hoop Stuntman is offline   Reply With Quote