performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 06-19-05, 05:16 AM   #21
LUCKY DIAMOND RICH

Thumbs down Part Time does Not Count!

Well Paddy I must say that I have not seen you around for long time and you might turn up once in a blue moon,to do that show that was not even yours to start off with!
Was it not Captain Kean'O and Nick that gave the show in the Hackney Squat 20 years ago?
The only thing that I can take my hat off to you for,is that you have done the same show and used the same old lines for a show that consists of one magic trick that was given to you for 20 years!
Well done,I suppose the only original thing you have, is your name!
Which is a lie because your not Famous,mate!
Anyway hope the kids are good and the old lady.

LDR
ps.Covent Garden was much better when we all signed in at 12 o'clock the privous night and you and your private school mates did not get a show.Those were the days,only the hard core worked the pitch!

Oh and Al,you got them from me and I got them from ButterFly Man and Captain Keane'O.2nd generation,brother.Paddy had nothing to do with it,stop licking his ass mate!
Old 06-19-05, 06:52 AM   #22
Peter Voice

You too must be 20 years, plus, now Greg and surely it's worth mentioning Che Forrest, Waldo and Martin Ralph whose routines and jokes you have been generously teaching other performers for all that time.

I must admit, though, no-one can demonstrate a generic act better than you. You are the best at the distilled show.

As for names that describe the fact ...................... ?

Last edited by Peter Voice; 06-19-05 at 09:38 AM.
Peter Voice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-05, 09:20 AM   #23
Famos Bramwells

Part time! Part bloody time! Listen Richie, every weekend is full time enough in my mind, I did enough 6 day weeks when I was young enough not to care. Oh and please do not get the origins of my show wrong, it was all down to Nick, Keano had nothing to do with it whatsoever. Nick showed me how to do the bit of magic , then we worked out how to do it different from everyone else, and John Fealy gave me some extra magic advice and then I went out and worked it into a street show and developed the trick one step further so that it became really unique to me for which Alex Dandridge built me a prop; (I had to do it otherwise the bloody thing wouldn't work in Scotland because of their large number of different five pound notes). Oh and it wasn't a squat it was a council flat. And no I am not Famous, I'm Famos. I realise it's subtle but that's the point.
I think that's covered everything. Are you well my blue skinned friend? I hope that life and the world is treating you finely and when our paths cross again you will buy me a drink to apologise for insulting me so rudely over cyberspace and making me cry.
Famos Bramwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-05, 04:08 PM   #24
Road Mage

Twenty years. Wow. At three i feel such a damn rookie.

Sure I'll be pushing the twenty year margin before I know it I'm sure

All the best

Owen
www.roadmage.com
"Why Don't We Do It In The Road" - Lennon & McCartney
Road Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 02:17 AM   #25
LUCKY DIAMOND RICH

Default Not What I Heard!

Paddy,
I was told the wrong information,you can never trust those,"Buskeradoo's" hay!
Nice one with the name after all these years,I never new about the U!That was good thinking!
Well it always seemed like a Sqat when I was there!Especially with Mr.Fungus and his hot knives!
I would always buy you a drink,mate as I always have remember,I was the one that always put my hand in my pocket,as I for a long time did the biggest show and earnt the most money,it was the least I could do for you and your crew of private's.
The only difference between me and the other Buskeradoo's is that I would let you drink it,and Peppe and Keane O would through it over you!
Any way come mate you can take it,brother you must have thick skin after working the West Piazza ofr that long!Well thick something anyway!
Keep those week end 10.40am shows buzzing brother,after all that is your trade mark!

LDR
Old 06-20-05, 09:23 AM   #26
The Amazing Beaumanz

Default getting close

Thought I'd just add that I'm in my 15th year of performing fulltime.

Almost 10 years at the same pitch(with a few breaks here and there)

I still get butterflies before every show and look forward to every second of being out on that sidewalk!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-05, 02:04 PM   #27
jester

Jester

Famos.

Your show was very good and of course I didn't mind when you didn't want to talk to an over enthusiastic fan who was probably telling you what you already knew.

As for stealing bits of your act - well that was a joke (think about it - it works on several levels). What I was trying to say in a subtle way, was that your act isn't a generic self assembled show with flatpack jokes that can be taken away and sold in IKEA!

Your act was the street equivalent of alternative comedy in my eyes at the time. So instead of thinking "I must use that line." I was thinking "I must work on an attitude and let the jokes roll in from there."

I used to think that street performance was corny and I have found a lot of the so called "Greats!" to be very over-rated.

Therefore, I the thief, am complaining because you the original artist haven't left your metaphorical van unlocked with all of the ownership documents and the keys in the ignition and you've given it a rather striking and unique paintjob so it'll be darn difficult to sell.

Of course I had to pretend I was trying to insult you in order to save face and annoy you. Sometimes straightforward licking of a rectum can be soooo undignified.

I think you'll find I am never chilled. I just wish some of you wouldn't take my ridiculous rambling so seriously.

Last edited by jester; 06-20-05 at 02:11 PM.
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 03:54 PM   #28
Magrat2005

Quote:
Originally posted by Famos Bramwells
Wierdly I didn't have the idea that a couple of saddoes would wander in and continue the bickering that has kept them alive for the last couple of years. It's like going around a big beautiful house during a party and having two old women going from room to room following you for no other reason than to have a go at each other while you are trying not to listen.
yeah, but where would this place be without them?

Its been nearly a year since I started, or just over a year... somewhen last year. Its been fun.

RIP
Kevin Smith
1963-2002

There will never be another God like him
Magrat2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 06:54 PM   #29
Famos Bramwells

Talking

One of the best things about having performed for all these years is I have met and seen some of the most amazing people doing some of the best pieces of entertainment anywhere in the world, purely because of the live and interactive nature of what we do, and this weekend I will once again be at just abut the best place in the world to see that happen. Glastonbury festival of glory and wierdness has brought out the best in just about every performer I have ever known, maybe not all the time but at least once. I am excited like a little girl.
Famos Bramwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 08:18 PM   #30
jesus

Send a message via Yahoo to jesus

Quote:
I am excited like a little girl.
Paddy,
I remember when we met in Edmonton I offten fantasized about you as a little girl!
See ya some day some where!

"an honorable and decent human being"
jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-05, 08:09 AM   #31
Rex Boyd
Kansas Man in Exile

Let all the 20 year members remember that we were all just children starting off back in the days when Keano, Gazzo and the Butterfly Man were already haggard old legends talking about their glory days like we are now. Only the old bastards didn't have the internet. I think they used telegrams and morse code.

Rex
Rex Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-05, 08:30 AM   #32
martin ewen

Lurk

Good point. Butterfly and Keano are indeed the generation that precedes us however Gazzo is far far older than he looks.
Not many people know this but he was actually born an aquatic mammal.
martin ewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-05, 02:39 AM   #33
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Bunny From one fossil to another ...

Gazzo has lobbed-finned feet he is from the Devonian period.

He survives by eating winged insects and stealing their larva lines.

I hope his ontogeny recapitulates his phylogeny.
Old 07-18-05, 03:39 AM   #34
harmonicakev

Default Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally posted by Butterfly Man
Gazzo has lobbed-finned feet he is from the Devonian period.

He survives by eating winged insects and stealing their larva lines.
So that's how he does his cups and balls thing!

Kev.
harmonicakev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-05, 09:25 AM   #35
Peter Voice

Gazzo does have a deeply disturbing reaction to the smaller forms of arachnidae that regularly share the Australian environment.

Hopefully he has now heard about the really scarey ones.
Old 07-18-05, 09:57 AM   #36
Rex Boyd
Kansas Man in Exile

He also has bloody lot of stuff to sell about himself. Have you guys seen all this?

http://www.magicpitch.com/catalog/pr...products_id=10

It's almost like a Gazzo museum.

Rex
Old 07-20-05, 07:01 AM   #37
space commander
Space Commander

Send a message via Skype™ to space commander
Default almost 3 decades!

Congratulations Paddy...and to all the rest of you who are still out there. I'm back on my favorite pitch in europe this summer and am amazed that I am still having a ball.

I still love doing street shows and still get that ripple charge of nervous energy every time I go out.

I never thought that juggling show i did at Toronto Airport during the airstrike in 1978 would lead to this most amazing voyage. I have seen and learned quite alot in 28 years. I have had the opportunity to work with some incredible people, not least of which is you Rex Boyd, my old partner Fritz, who taught me that all you really need to do is stay funky and keep dancing!

Nick showed us that the best way to be successful is to become Gazzo.

Gazzo showed all of us many years ago that the best way to become a legend is to be pronounced dead.

After hearing the Gazzo Macee had died, I wrote an obituary that praised a man who was a great performer and had a great impact on my understanding of technique. I wrote the standard stuff about how he would be greatly missed and how influential he was, but I really meant it, because it was true.

Two days later, Gazzo posted on Performers.net to tell me that he wasn't dead and that he didn't realise I felt that way. Needless to say I was a little freaked out and was never quite sure how to repsond, so I didn't. I think it was the last time I was here.

In all of my years on the street I think I have come to realise one basic truth;

Street performers never die. If they do, then its' probably just a publicity stunt.

Space Commander Hotch Chmarzinski

For an updated view of what I am thinking now, buy my book "The Pavement Stage". Revised to include observations and articles about street performing, the public space and freedom of speech worldwide. For more information send me an email.
space commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-05, 04:36 AM   #38
AJJames

Scot

Paddy, hope you had a good glasto, thats where I first met you 12 years ago, I was an acrobat with a circus theatre company. I turned up in covent garden the following spring and you were the only one apart from Chris and Pete (hoopal) and Alex D that talked to me on my first day. Windsor , protested to me joining in the sunday draw because I hadn't done a midweek audition, and you lied for me and said that you had seen me do one, thanks for that,

Hotch , hows it going mate? Hiya to Abbey, come over to the UK, you can't waste your genius in belgium, come to the lake district and visit us.
Richie, did that guy from Bizzarre magazine find you in time for the 100th Issue ?
Old 07-22-05, 06:46 AM   #39
Rex Boyd
Kansas Man in Exile

Hi AJ,

I don't know how Richie got into this conversation but it does remind me that I was browsing through the 100th issue of Bizarre to find that there are some awesome photos of him (Lucky Rich). One photo has him completely naked knealing down like Buddha. The other has him in a fabulous purple pin-striped suit that is just the coolest thing. He has his hair in two little white tufts on either side of his head. It was last months issue so I don't know if you can still get a copy. I didn't actually buy one but I probably should have.

Rex
Old 07-22-05, 06:49 AM   #40
Rex Boyd
Kansas Man in Exile

For anyone who hasn't seen lucky lately here is an article and photo you might find interesting.

http://www.tattoodaily.com/mag/most_..._tattooed.html

Rex