performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > BUSKING Q&A/GENERAL PERFORMING TOPICS

Old 08-19-01, 12:13 PM   #1
BFlat

Question Washing material

Hi folks, this is gonna sound like a weird question to ask but I gotta ask anyway.

You know how it is when performing on the streets, there are kids around who sometimes drop a bit of Ice cream or apple juice, gum, whatever all around and sometimes in the case. Plus with all the money that gets in there over with time, it gets all yucky.

Well the inside of my saxophone case has gotten to the point where it's totally digusting. But it's not like it's something that fits inside the washing machine. It's a solid case too, so that doesn't make it easyer. I was wondering, fom the other street musicians in here, what do you guys do? Did any of you got to the point where you need to wash the inside of your case? And if so, HOW did you proceeded?

-thanks

[This message has been edited by BFlat (edited 08-19-2001).]
BFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-01, 01:41 PM   #2
Chance

When I detail the interior of my cars, which of course combines various cloth, leather and plastic surfaces, I have very good luck with liquid citrus-based cleaners which can be found in any auto parts store. I sometimes need to use an old toothbrush to reach the tricky places, but overall it does the best job for the money. Good luck!
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-01, 10:58 PM   #3
Prof Willie B

Eucalyptus oil (straight) will remove even the oldest, grottiest, ground-in bubble gum from just about everything (including the kids' hair). A couple of tablespoons in a bucket of soapy water will also remove grease and oil stains from most cloth. It will get those few things that citronella based cleaners cannot. The 2 together will clean just about anything.

[This message has been edited by Prof Willie B (edited 08-20-2001).]
Prof Willie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-01, 03:43 AM   #4
Peter Voice

Wow, all I need to know, now, is how to get my whites whiter than white. Does anyone else feel like they're in a sixties TV commercial?
Old 09-13-01, 04:19 PM   #5
Rich Potter

Talking

It'd make sense to pad the bottom of your case (or hat) with $10 bills so when the chewing gum hits, it sticks to the bill and not to your case. Then you can just throw out the bills.

That's what I do anyway.

--Rich

Rich Potter is offline   Reply With Quote