performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > CURTAIN CALLS

Old 03-15-06, 12:51 PM   #1
AJJames

Default Gordon Thompson has died

Gordon Thompson died last night March 14th a few months after being diagnosed with lung cancer and a brain tumor, he was being treated with chemo therapy and held out hope of recovery until the end. His sister Rhona and his fiancee Joanne were with him at his home.
There will be a buriel next week, Joanne will let me know the details, anyone wishing to attend can call Jo ,if you know the number or me (0044) 0 15394 47901
For those of you who never met Gordon, he was a Glasgow based street performer with superb diabolo and devil stick skills which he enjoyed teaching as much as performing. Amazing tales from around the world, a razor sharp witt and a kindness and generousity rarely found, he was also a stubborn git and a know it all.
He will be sadly missed but not forgotten, he was a dear friend and a devoted father to his young children Tamara and Dylan.
Old 03-15-06, 03:47 PM   #2
stickman

Canada

For those of you who didn't know him this is Gordon (Gman) on the phone. He was calling the police because someone in the rear of the crowd was planning on stabbing me in the back with the knife he was fingering. The guy was just waiting for the hat call. The police orginally refused to come, but Gordon was "adament". They found large quantities of drugs on him, when they took him away. The audience and myself had no idea what had occured. I have NO doubt that Gordon saved my life that day.

He will be missed.

Tim Michell/Stickman

Last edited by stickman; 03-16-06 at 12:21 AM.
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 06:34 PM   #3
davie

Default Gman Gordon

Was extremely shocked to learn of Gordon Thompsons' Death. I had many excelent experiences with this man both at home in Glasgow and in many countries since 1990. His own mix of humour, sarcasm and raw energy will definately be missed. My thoughts are with Dylan, Tamara, Jo and Rhona.

Davie (SHAMANORAK)

Last edited by davie; 03-17-06 at 12:28 AM.
davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 05:51 AM   #4
george fuller

Sorry to here that Gordon has passed. I did not know him well but Scotland will miss him. G
george fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-07, 03:57 AM   #5
zigy zigger

Its been just over a year now and the G-Man is still sorely missed. One of the best friends i ever had even if he was a pain in the butt at times. Glasgows not been the same since he's gone as his diablo and devil stick skills were a sight to behold. You'll be in my heart forever big man.
zigy zigger is offline   Reply With Quote