performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 04-18-01, 11:41 AM   #1
Flo

Apple Da Okanagan

Hey All, I was wondering if anyone has ever done any busking in the Okanagan, specifically Kelowna or Vernon. I' very curious to know others experiences and thoughts on this.
Thanks
Flo

------------------
The Fiery One

[This message has been edited by Flo (edited 04-25-2001).]
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-01, 05:16 AM   #2
stickman

Apple

Had a offer to do a club gig around Kelonwna last summer. Passed it up, do too scedule. Never noticed a decent circle pitch on my wanders through though.

Veron seemed like a receptive town, only I remember a big war on drummers a few years back. (Info on this one would be dated beyond belief though)

Stickman
Http://www.weeble.org

>Hey All, I was wondering if anyone has ever >done any busking in the Okanagan, >specifically Kelowna or Vernon. I' very >curious to know others experiences and >thoughts on this.
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-01, 11:22 AM   #3
Flo

Apple

Thanks so much for your input!!!! Greatly appreciated. Apparently this summer Kelowna will have an official "buskers programme" with 8 sites located around the city. You'll have to audition I think and then the sites are given away on first come first serve basis. The whole thing is still to be approved by the city but they're pretty sure it will be. They're whole idea being that you can go to Nelson and then head this way to the Okanagan.
As for Vernon I have been tossing around the idea of starting a busking scene of sorts here. think it would be great for the City. Glad to hear that you had a good reception.
Once again, thanks so much
Flo

------------------
The Fiery One
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote