performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 05-15-01, 08:40 AM   #1
Peter Voice

Post A hole in a tour

Bev and Ulla (Chalk Circle) are working in Canada this summer and have little to do between Nelson and Windsor (that is the last week of July and the first 2 weeks of August). I'm hoping to find some more work to fill the gaps. They fly into Vancouver, on to Edmonton back to Vanc. then to Toronto. I'd like to find something in Vancouver or Toronto if possible.
I'd love to hear any suggestions, I think you click on one of the icon thingies above to get my email address. For those who don't know what we do, you can check out http://www.chalkcircle.com.au/chalk/
We're open to any suggestions.

[This message has been edited by Peter Voice (edited 05-15-2001).]
Old 05-15-01, 05:31 PM   #2
nick nickolas

Hi Pete,
Vancouver comedy festival is on end of July thats all I know.
Also I'm into any gigs 1st 2 weeks of Aug before Windsor if anyone knows anything.
cheers
Nick
Old 05-15-01, 06:20 PM   #3
Flo

Apple

I would highly recommend to check out the Okanagan Valley this summer. Kelowna in particular. I know that the Parks alive board is trying to finalize plans (if they haven't done so already) for a busking program. You'll have to purchase a license from the office for under $30--please don't quote me on the price--. This is their first year with this sort of thing so hopefully it'll pan out.
If you would like some contact info for Parks Alive in Kelowna email me.
beasty1@hotmail.com--make reference to this in your subject box; it's all that damn spam ya know!

------------------
The Fiery One
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-01, 12:23 AM   #4
Flo

Just an update on the whole Kelowna thing. Aaarrrggg to the bureaucrats over there. I just called Kelowna to see how they were doing on their whole "busking prgram" and they're still waiting for the approval. Whatever. What does that mean? You can perform on the streets but not for money, just to entertain. Now if feel adventurous then you could go to Vernon where it's okay to busk for money.
Personally I'm really sorry that Kelowna doesn't have thier shit together. It could be a great place to make a ton of money. Who knows, maybe they will eventually.

Cheers,
Flo

------------------
The Fiery One
Old 05-23-01, 12:24 AM   #5
Flo

Just an update on the whole Kelowna thing. Aaarrrggg to the bureaucrats over there. I just called Kelowna to see how they were doing on their whole "busking program" and they're still waiting for the approval. Whatever. What does that mean? You can perform on the streets but not for money, just to entertain. Now if feel adventurous then you could go to Vernon where it's okay to busk for money.
Personally I'm really sorry that Kelowna doesn't have their shit together. It could be a great place to make a ton of money. Who knows, maybe they will eventually.

Cheers,
Flo

------------------
The Fiery One