performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > BUSKING Q&A/GENERAL PERFORMING TOPICS

Old 12-16-06, 11:43 PM   #1
roopopper

Default face paints and been abused!

Hi im new to street perfoming, i just started with robotic dancing but im now moving into mime and stuff. the white face paint i use is water based, the only trouble is if i get hot and sweaty it starts to run is there anything anyone could reccomend? also if my black bow tie comes into contact with the paint on my neck( which it always does!) it then ends up been white! I have thought of oil based face paints but im worried about my suit( its a dinner jacket james bond type look) getting ruined.
does anyone use any kind of antipersperant cream on their face?
On friday i was asked to perform at a club which apart from having my wig continously pinched( along with my rear!) it was very hot and my face was running! I find the people in clubs and at parties hard work they get drunk and find it very hard not to touch me and generally abuse me! its much better on the street!
I would also like to add some sound effects to my act does anyone have any recomendations?
hope you can help
roopopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-06, 01:58 AM   #2
Isabella

Default Face Paint

I've had really good luck with Ben Nye water paint colors - I can't recall the exact name but they are cake paints that you mix with water or a fixative and paint on, then spray another fixative over your face. I was Puck and ran like hell and wore a partial mask and sweated a lot and my makeup stayed the whole show.

Krylon makes a brand called Aquacolor but I don't like them much.

Also - make sure you powder your paint if you are using any kind of cream.
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-06, 02:13 PM   #3
roopopper

what kind of fixative do you use? the brand names are probably a little different here in the uk but the products are prob the same
roopopper is offline   Reply With Quote