performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > FESTIVAL DISCUSSIONS

Old 07-16-07, 10:44 AM   #1
Evan Young

Send a message via AIM to Evan Young
Default IJA

I'm loading up my car to head down to Winston Salem NC right now. I'll be there until thurs morn. Hope to see some of you there.

ka-pow!
www.globalevan.com
www.showoffshow.com
www.evanshotme.com
Evan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-07, 01:42 PM   #2
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Club IJA 60th and Renegade is 21 years old.

Just so you all know ... Renegade Tom is planning to have a Renegade Show on Saturday night much to the chagrin of the IJA organizers ...

Also, John Satriano (who is running the festival) is a totally cool dude ... let him take care of your head like he did mine at so many fests. I heard he got Sandy Brown stoned for the 1st time and she came up with the idea for juggler "baseball cards" which they give out at registration.

I really should go ... at least for one day ... Tom said he put me down as the emcee for the final night ... I told him he was retarded and suggested he call the show "Trisomy 21" ... he said that it was too cliche and only Scot Nery would laugh at something so obvious.
Old 07-22-07, 07:45 AM   #3
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Club sooooo howwasit?

Hey Evan,

If you have the time please let us know any highlights from the IJA's 60th or the Renegade's 21st.

Since John ran the fest, did everybody get a nickel bag of weed in their registration packets?

Did Dave Finnegan look pissed off that he couldn't serve Todd Strong (who didn't go for that reason) with a summons for small claims court?

Did Luke Barrage bonk just about every movable object in Winston-Salem?

Is Jason Garfield still a dick?
Old 07-23-07, 01:31 AM   #4
Evan Young

This was my first IJA since Madison, so I'm not in the "in" crowd there; and my personal life has been f'd up recently, so I've been a little anti social; and I was only there for a couple days... I was super disappointed that you weren't there to help me look cool.
opening night of renegade sucked, but I'm not going to post why.
second night of renegade sucked because I got up and tanked.
Dave Finnegan had a table next to the Mini Fest table (where I was hanging trying to help M. Rosman) and was playing a loop of his kids video which is the most annoying thing ever.
Speaking of Rosman, he and his assistant Rose (Noelle in real life) hosted the juniors and were awesome. These two japanese kids took first and third and both totally rocked the house.
Pot makes me paranoid now, so I didn't try and find it.
Jason is still a dick. He had like three tables advertising the WJF and sat behind it working on his computer the entire time I was there. Volva seems to have the Jason attitude now too.
Wes Peden is my new Juggling Hero, (although nobody will ever take the place of Sean McKinney in my book)

check out my photos

ka-pow!
www.globalevan.com
www.showoffshow.com
www.evanshotme.com

Last edited by Evan Young; 07-23-07 at 01:49 AM.
Old 07-23-07, 04:22 AM   #5
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Thumbs down WJF ...so let's see the best in the world don't come and it ain't even IJA so you're

Quote:
nobody will ever take the place of Sean McKinney in my book
yeah, I know exactly what you mean ... Sean was cool ... Jason isn't.

I remember when Jason was about 15 and he was so excited to meet the Butterfly Man he climbed up a two story building to break into my room because I left my keys inside. The kid was a dweeb then and he's a dweeb now. I should tell some of the stories of how he would run up to me after he did a show somewhere at some festival and ask me "did you see it did you see it?" and (of course I didn't because I was too drunk to watch a stupid kid juggle rather than entertain) ... pathetically, this obsequious behavior lasted 'til Montreal (the 2nd one) ...

Interestingly enough it was Sean McKinney I was talking to when Jason ran up to me and belaboringly did the "didja didja see me" thing again ... I heard later Jason did a good lambasting of the judges ... shit, I still haven't seen it I really should borrow a video from someone someday .... naaaah why bother ... the guy is a yawn ... so is the skinny little Russian malyenkimalcha....
Old 07-24-07, 03:31 AM   #6
Evan Young

Default if I had a super hero juggling power

Sean had this amazing power to throw a whole crap load of shit up in the air and catch it in some random way that shouldn't have ever worked. It was amazing, and raw, and revolutionary.... and he was a good friend.

ka-pow!
www.globalevan.com
www.showoffshow.com
www.evanshotme.com

Last edited by Evan Young; 07-26-07 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-24-07, 04:08 PM   #7
scot

Send a message via AIM to scot

Tom knows me so well.