performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 07-22-07, 12:22 AM   #1
Lee Nelson

Default Stockholm

hello my friends
I am arriving in Stockholm in a couple of days and plan to work there for the weekend. Can anyone give me advice on whether I need a permit to perform in the old town and where I would go to obtain it??

I would super appreciate this
Love and fluff
lee
Lee Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-07, 05:39 AM   #2
Ioxunimous

It depend what you are doing. Is it a circle show, music or something else.

You are allowed to play music at certain times at queenstreet (drottninggatan), and vasterlanggatan.

Anyway, the police would say that you will need a permit for a circleshow, although i never had any problems with them. One time a policecar drove right through my show, and they waved at me. Another time it was i full bus with cops that where watching my firefinalie.

Notice that I just made shows at the daytime in stockholm, never later than 7 in the evning. So i dont know how it will work with the police in the evening.

There are a few good pitches in Stockholm. You cand send me a pm if you want more info. Also i might be in Stockholm saturday and sunday. It would be fun to see your show

Good Luck!
Ioxunimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-07, 06:04 AM   #3
nick nickolas

Lee,
I was there last year,,,
The rule as far as I was told is there is no problem to play anywhere, as long as you ain't blocking shop doorways etc... some old medievil law that still sticks..
They say no amps but you can sort of swing around it if your cool,,,
go to the old town near the castle and play on the cobbles big open pitch or infront of the pillars..
or if you are really game I looked at the pitch at the bottom of the steps near the train station,,
I had no problems, played quite a few areas large and small,,
Good Luck
Nick
Old 07-23-07, 10:43 AM   #4
mr pink

Im one of the lurkers on this board, hello all!
We never had manny circle shows in stockholm so nobody consider us a problem so the city is pretty much without anny rules specifically concerning us. rules for musicians says that you need a permit if you are 4 people or more or if you use an amp (thanx panpipers). The old town is special, no amps allowed there at all, and no music allowed after 19.00. people play annyway and mostly get away with it. police dosnt do anytning unless someone complains. I have done evening shows in the old town several years and never been shutdown, some newbie got stopped by the police his second show for using an amp...
No amps and no complaints an everything is cool. Police dosnt care unless someone complains about you.
Also dont set up "inside" the govement building, the street there isnt public space and the goverment guards will stop you.

Welcome to Stockholm
//Mr Pink
mr pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-07, 03:53 AM   #5
Lee Nelson

Default youll all go to heaven

thanks folks
that was the info I was chasing
this board rocks.
hope your summers are rocking
lee
Lee Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 10:20 AM   #6
Samora Squid

Just wanna know if this information is up to date. Did a street festival there last year, was great. Interested to see how it is on a normal day.
Samora Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 09:07 PM   #7
mr pink

Hey Samora! Things are mostly the same exept that the big pitch "mynttorget" is more or less closed due to some incompetent guards there. if you are in town try to play there if you are lucky the good guys are on duty and you will be left alone if unlucky you will be told to go elsewhere because of a local regulation banning music there or they will make up some other lame excuse to ask you to leave.
mr pink is offline   Reply With Quote