performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > BUSKING STUFF > SPECIFIC PITCHES/CITIES/COUNTRIES

Old 04-05-08, 05:52 PM   #1
izimagic

Wink 4 spots in South America...

Hi, well, during the last weeks I have been trying in many diferent places, in Brasil and Argentina... not always easy...
-Florianopolis and Balneario Camboriu, Brasil, good to perform from 15 dec. to end of february, you will need permits, easy to get in Florianopolis, more dificult in Camboriu, but the place is realy good to perform.(you will have to perform in Spanish or Portugese)and the real is almost a hight as the dollar...
- Cordoba is realy good, almost impossible to get a permit for the main square "San Martin", but there is a big pedestrian street area, if you go to Cultura, ask for a 7 days permit, otherwise it willbe hard to get it. and go to the sub direction of cultura, it's on the main square. you can go at any time of the year, always busy from monday to satirday, better for mimes, small shows and musicians. And you will be asked also to perform a lot in bars and restaurants, peaploe in Cordoba love live shows/music.
- Mendoza as one of the best spots of Argentina, good for big shows only, very good audiences and hats...the best is to go in the summer, but you can perform all year round in the weekend. the skare is "placa independencia", the permit is easy to get at cultura.
You'll have to work on your spanish, or performing in mime. don't forget your own illumination, the city will provide electric conection.
seb.
izimagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-08, 12:21 PM   #2
Juggalicious

Send a message via AIM to Juggalicious

mmmm yea
Juggalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-08, 06:19 PM   #3
izimagic

yea.....
Old 11-02-11, 09:02 AM   #4
dawndream

traveling through South America currently. I plan to perform, mostly for the fun of it. I am a statue, so language is not difficult. anyone know anything about performing in Lima, Cusco, Le Paz, Santiago, Buenos Aries or Rio?

Would love info
Thanks
dawndream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 11:07 AM   #5
izimagic

hey. Lima, I don't know. Cusco is not so good, try "Aguas Calientes" (last small town before araving to Machu picchu.) very very turistic. La paz in Bolivia is realy too paur. It could be dangerous to perform there, in bolivia you could try "copacabana" on the lake titicaca, "Cochabamba", or "La Cruz". In Chile you should try "Iquique", "Valparaiso", "Vina del mar"... Santiago is realy good as well but take care of the police, they may make some problems...
In Argentina try Mendoza, Cordoba, Mar del plata, Villa gesel... Buenos aires is not so good in summer, but nice in spring...
In Brasil You will have many problems to get the permits, but from north to south along te coast there is many places where to permorm, avoid San paulo, too dangerous...
Have a nice trip, try to visit Iguazu falls in Argentina and Machu Picchu in Peru, most beautifull places on earth.
Sebastien.
Old 11-07-11, 05:38 PM   #6
dawndream

Thanks for the information! That was great. Had a great show in Mira Flores in Lima, I will try the small town you recommend. I shall be there Wednesday.

I am with a film crew, maybe that will be helpful to the cause (for police, and audience alike)

Cheers!
dawndream is offline   Reply With Quote