performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 12-14-00, 10:38 AM   #1
Jim
Your Host

Post Where's Chance? Where's Brady? Where's Martin?

I miss you guys. Trevor and Queenie are getting tiresome. Please join in... Please.

Jim
Old 12-14-00, 01:12 PM   #2
martin ewen

Arrived back in NZ 2 days ago, nicks just had a bar installed, customs took a swab of my case and found traces of cocaine, I presume its from the bills people had chucked into it while I worked, or just the air in hollywoods laden with it, or that the fetish/goth/circus nightclub I've just spent the last month living in had something to do with it. No body search however, sigh, body searches are the only form of physical affection I seem to be able to organise and I look forward to them and then they just search my case and chat.
Just about to go sailing for a few days with nick and then organise cameras for the ch-ch festival as I'm going to do a doco.
Also investigating the immigration dept to see if its possible to arrange performance visas that could be open for a few months. The situation now is they give specific work visas for individual festivals that are exclusive for that festival. ie Christchurch gets you a visa but then you can't do Wellington or anywhere else legally.
A 3 month working visa would make sense, there is a lot of small fests and stuff here and every summer theres a gaggle of international acts here.
Also working on webusk.com, roguesatellite.com and comicbooking .com
As well as checking the demented ravings of the hidiously unhinged on pnet.
martin ewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-00, 09:31 PM   #3
Rex Boyd
Kansas Man in Exile

Jim,
I agree that it is about time that we had some bizarre ramblings from Brady again. I can't believe I just wrote that.

Rex

www.rexboyd.co.uk
Rex Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-00, 03:48 AM   #4
Airborne Dan

Jim,

I can't tell you the whereabouts of Chance and Martin, but I know where Brady's been. He was in your neighborhood today! Over at Alexander the King of Jesters, the three of us were doing some tree trimming on the Fool's property. We trimmed three big oaks so they would no longer hang over the roof and threaten Alex's prescious gutters and windows. It was great fun. Hey if you ever need any tree trimming done I suggest you call Bobarino. Dude not only knows how to draw a crowd, but it turns out he's also a master with a chainsaw.

The reason he hasn't appeared on the knew and improved performers.net is obvious. Though having incredible abilities as a street performer and tree trimmer and amateur archeologist (not to mention chunk picker) he's a total idiot when it comes to computers or any thing to do with them. Let's face it, to post on this sight he'd have to register, figure out his password and decide which message he feels a need to reply to. This could take months, even years.

Fortunately for Brady he's got Ina and a chest full of pirate gold to back him up. So mark my words that tree climbing, street perfoming, mud digging monkey is going to be on this sight soon enough.

What I wonder is, where the hell is Alexander. Why do we never see any thing from the King of Jesters on this site. Perhaps its because Alex is to good for us. Maybe just because he makes millions of dollars more than any of us sorry ass street beggars with his one man extravaganza, he thinks he's to good to associate with us. Maybe he forgot where he came from, I don't know.

Any way, did I mention that Ann and I have a new son. That's right. Adam Francis Foley. Remember that name. He'll be steeling all your crowds, and your children's crowds also in just a few years. That goes for you too Peter Panic. Another street performer who hasn't yet found the balls to jump into any old discussion on this site.

Alex, Peter, Brady, defend yourselves! This is only the beginning. Unless I see a half way decent rebuttle from any of you, I will turn this web site in to my personal diatribe focusing on what's wrong with all of you and your families. Nobody will be safe.

And Chance, would you please give Brady back his goddamn shoes! I'm sick of hearing him cry about them.

Love

Airborne Dan!

Airborne Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-00, 10:40 PM   #5
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Is Gazzo more of a technophobe than Brady?

I talked to Gazzo today... yes, he still calls (pathetic isn't it!) ...
I told him all about the new forum. So he knows it exists...
$20 says it takes him longer than Brady to post his first post.
Old 12-16-00, 11:10 PM   #6
Peter Voice

How much will $20 be worth in 2007?
Old 12-18-00, 03:23 AM   #7
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

I guess it would depend on where and how you invested it... you could open a money market account through a bank or brokerage firm but to my knowledge all require a minimum deposit. Even a bank CD will have a minimum purchase. Treasury & Muni bonds are always a safe bet but there is, again, a minimum purchase of $10,000.

If youíre in it for long term then I suggest getting into mutual funds: index funds (easy to follow) or growth funds/value funds/ large cap funds/mid cap funds/small cap funds/ international or global funds, no matter ...but donít forget to diversify.

My suggestion is that if you already have an open account with a brokerage firm then jumping headfirst into into buy shares in any stock in the market Index (S&P 500 /Nasdaq/Russell 2000/ Dow Jones), the market sector (biotech/financial or tech stocks) or investment style growth or value stocks is the way to go, especially if you are thinking until 2007. Before you buy however, check out the companies debt, growth rate , cash flow and revenue.

No matter what, donít loan it to Gazzo... thatís always a bad investment.
Old 12-18-00, 07:24 AM   #8
Brian Wilson

Send a message via ICQ to Brian Wilson
Robert,

Just wanted to say that the heckler you hired for Peter Panic's show was sheer genius. The guy was excellent the way he raved about his stove "My stove doesnt work man, I need to bring you (Peter) back home with me to light my stove! I live in the projects.. etc etc.." He also wouldn't shut up.

$5US dollars can go a long way. I bet Peter Panic wished he never had a go at you during the performance from review. It also cost Peter $5US dollars to shut the heckler up!

Anyways great work on hiring that heckler. We were most entertained.
Cya.
Old 12-18-00, 06:15 PM   #9
Peter Voice

The financial advice is very useful, Robert, but it still doesn't tell me whether $20 will be enough to by a beer by the time Gazzo makes his first post.
By the way, Russian Mafia Futures are performing very well at the moment.
Old 12-18-00, 10:48 PM   #10
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Peter, Brian et al,
Since we seem to have this on all to ourselves (no T & Q if you know what I mean)... how do you think we can bring Gazzo, Peter Panic and the likes of Brady back on the BB???
Perhaps if I say something like:
Hey Gazzo, I heard your ex-wife is bonking Peter Panic and is planning on buying Brady's van and paying for it with the marked bills she has left over from that Rodeo drive scam.

If any one of the above three responds to this before Greenspan announces his interest rate cut I'll buy beers for everyone (that responds here) except Peter Panic himself (I've paid off too many people on his account anyway).

P.S. I have more hair on my ass than Jennifer does!
Old 12-18-00, 11:51 PM   #11
Peter Voice

Maybe I should tell Brady that his shoes have been sitting on my computer monitor for the last four months. I got them off this desperate little guy in a betting shop in London. He was muttering continuously about about outstanding warrants, life insurance and avoiding panic. I recognised them straight away from CH CH and when I challenged him about where he got them, he screamed at me that they were evil and chances are I'd never escape their clutches. (insert some spooky music here and when it stops we can hope trvor gets the chair). They don't half smell much.
I'm thinking of holding them for ransom, give me money or I'll send them to your house, that sort of thing. It might start the world's first case of chain-mail reverse ransom.

Actually,if Peter was bonkin' the ex, that would mean Gazzo could stop paying alimony wouldn't it?

Robert, you may actually have more hair, period.

[This message has been edited by Peter Voice (edited 12-19-2000).]
Old 12-19-00, 02:13 AM   #12
peterpanic

hey gang- wassup? what do i win? lies and baseless slander, some of that was and now i have to defend my good name. ok name. to be honest i am in the middle of a personal and professional crisis of less than biblical proportions. bit of a long story and i am a VERY poor typist so you will have to stop talking about money and take out your wallet and buy me that beer Robert, lord knows i can use it, and you can listen to someone else tell a long winded story about humiliation. they say hindsight is 20/20. not for me. my REGULAR vision is 20/350. meaning i see at 20 feet what good eyes see at 350 feet. so how can my hindsight be so good? on a related topic i am having my eyes fixed with lasers later today. pray for me. i am freaking out. what if he screws up? (it can happen to the best- i did it yesterday) what if after 25 years of corrective lenses i have to finally see the world as it really is instead of the beautiful bubble i have been living in. i dont think i could stand the sight of all you lot in sharp focus. or myself. what will that be like? i will post more when i can just yell at the computer and if it goes down i will howl in joy and pain. panic
p.s. there will be a party in boston the day after x-mas. you are all invited. i hope i did not offend anyone with this post you self righteous prigs.
peterpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-00, 02:18 AM   #13
Jim
Your Host

Hey peter,

I hope that wasn't too painful.

Hey Everyone, peter is a really slow typist. Be nice to him. He registered about an hour ago and that was his first post. Sixty minutes of typing, folks...

Good luck with your eyes tomorrow.

Jim
Old 12-19-00, 02:26 AM   #14
peterpanic

jesus jim do you have to treat me like a little kid? dont answer this one.
Old 12-19-00, 11:35 AM   #15
big underwear

I am here, but I don`t like it,,,, you people just look for reasons to get away from the mother earth! you could have just let it alone,,,but no!......had to make it more perfect!!! ITS BETTER NOW! oh yea!! so much better now,,,, now we can break off in little disccision groups,,,, you people just cant let go of serveing some kind of god.....allways more money and some kind of god,,,,, shee wiz....
big underwear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-00, 11:53 AM   #16
Queenie1

carefull
You might get told off for not using spellcheck too.......
Queenie
Queenie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-00, 12:18 PM   #17
Rich Potter

Robert,

I'm responding to this topic.

Does that mean *I* get a beer, too?

If it doesn't, I may set YOU on fire.

--Rich
Rich Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-00, 02:23 PM   #18
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

Times up on the beer offer... it looks like Iím down only a six pack or so ... Panic is panicking and Brady is expectorating ... so 2 out of three ainít bad ... perhaps I should have offered a side dish of angioplasty as well and Gazzo mightíve found a literate friend.
Old 12-19-00, 08:19 PM   #19
peterpanic

well i'm back from eye surgery. so far so good. for $4300 i damn well better be. i paid $900 in ones just for fun. i was prepared to kick some doctor ass but in retrospect it might have been tough to swing on him if i cant see where he is...he just called to see how i am- very sweet man. i think sometimes i could have been a superlative surgeon myself, but i chose a different path. what was i thinking? Dr. Panic M.D... its got a nice ring to it... all i need is practice. let me know if you all need work done cheap out there, no job too big or small. i know you dont have health care. see you (clearly) soon. panic
Old 12-19-00, 08:26 PM   #20
Jim
Your Host

Hey peter,

After the surgery are you sure you were counting ONES? You may have inadvertantly given him a tip.

Jim