performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > THE GREEN ROOM > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Old 12-17-00, 07:42 PM   #1
jester

Post How to end the Republican Party in USA

Go to a crowded place in any republican state and shout real loud:

"Half of you bastards voted for Bush. Half of you must die. Everybody shoot the person next to them."

All of the republicans carry guns and will pull them out quick as a flash.

All the democrats can then point to the republicans and say "AHA!"

The republicans will then turn the guns on themselves in shame.

I think we should try this.

jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-00, 02:40 AM   #2
Triona

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by jester:
Go to a crowded place in any republican state and shout real loud:

"Half of you bastards voted for Bush. Half of you must die. Everybody shoot the person next to them."

All of the republicans carry guns and will pull them out quick as a flash.

All the democrats can then point to the republicans and say "AHA!"

The republicans will then turn the guns on themselves in shame.

I think we should try this.
Uh, I am a life member of the NRA and vote Democrat. There are some of us who can be liberal (to a point), but still realize that the only way to keep our freedom is to keep our guns (take a look at Nazi Germany).

Getting out the fire extinguisher now....
Triona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-00, 07:46 PM   #3
jester

Thank You triona. How would the right to bear arms have possibly stopped the rise of Hitler?

I live in a free country where burning the national flag is not a jailing offence and freedom of speech applies even to those people who can't afford to be sued.

Guess What

None of us carry guns. We don't need to because nobody else does. Bill Hicks said it all on this subject.

Even the police don't need guns. Our soldiers carry guns and they are better shots than the US army (statisticly proven fact). With all the access to arms you guys have, how come your soldiers are such bad shots? They killed more British Soldiers in the Gulf War than the Iraquis did.

I am a liberal except I believe nobody should be allowed to carry guns. Especially balloon twisters.

Old 12-19-00, 08:10 PM   #4
karen

i just find it extraordinarily amusing that the 14 US states that allow people to walk into a store and buy a gun with absolutely no background check,etc... are the SAME 14 states that forbid the selling and possession of vibrators.
!?!

i guess the republicans trust us with firearms, but not with .. well .. you get the picture. just watch out 'cross those state borders, you wouldn't wanna get caught carrying a concealed dildo. who knows what danger **those** could cause to society, right
Old 12-19-00, 10:05 PM   #5
Butterfly Man
Refurbished Member

I got in a lot of trouble on an IJA (International Juggler's Assoc.) Renegade show a few years back in Pittsburgh for concealing 2 of them (a large black one and a teeny white one)... actually, come to think of it I didn't really get in trouble for concealing them, I got in trouble for revealing them! I think some people might have found the bit funny though but apparently the board of directors weren't among them.
When I got home, I got a call saying there would be no more Renegade shows at IJA conventions. True to their word, they have not allowed or sanctioned Renegade shows since.
Thanks to Tom Renegade, however, we were able to pull off one show in Niagara Falls and several last year in Montreal.

Renegades still Rule!

On a side note, Waldo just called me and said he needed to sell his gun and holster (used for twirling n' stuff) because his shoulder is tweaked... he knows I've always wanted to learn how to do that stuff, so since I've never owned a real gun, I'm wondering what I should know before I shoot my wad (so to speak).
Old 12-22-00, 06:48 PM   #6
jester

That was a very interesting reply Karen.

Well Done.

Just want you all to know that I love americans and I didn't want to upset my american friends with those statistics.

But I don't like anybody who is stupid enough to carry a gun

I spent 6 weeks in the states recently, went to the bronx and harlem (and I'm white) and never once felt the need to have a gun

Old 02-22-01, 02:38 AM   #7
Rich Potter

Piggy

Support gun control!

Shoot a hunter!

Seriously, if I didn't have a gun, I'd have to become somewhat confident of my manhood. Oh, waitaminnit...there's my penis!

Wow! Suddenly, I don't need a gun anymore.

--Rich

P.S. I kinda like this message icon. Looks a bit like a dildo, don'tcha think?
Rich Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-01, 04:58 AM   #8
Queenie1

Jester
I too have been in the Bronx and Harlem, by subway etc, and never felt unsafe once. I also know of a 12 y/o boy who is hyperactive, who's father has bought him a gun! Thats bloody scary!
Queenie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-01, 06:48 AM   #9
Chance

FYI...

In the USA it is not a "jailable offense" to burn the flag. And our court system allows anyone, especially the indigent, to bring suit against anyone else (including the government) at no cost: the govt picks up the tab. In other words, the govt will pay all your expenses even when suing the govt itself. And the first thing Hitler did after taking power was to abolish the rights of non military citizens to bear arms, although according to Jester there was nothing for him to be wary of. But one must assume that Hitler (or Hussein, Castro, Mugaby, Putin, Arafat, et al) would rather defend against sticks and stones than anything else.
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-01, 08:35 AM   #10
Brian Wilson

Send a message via ICQ to Brian Wilson
Apple

I'm from Canada, a country where we have really strict gun laws. 14 states with little or no background check for purchasing a fire-arm. That's pretty scary. And women can't buy vibrators? That's equally scary.

I don't own a gun (or a vibrator) and doubt that I ever will. Although I suppose that if I lived in a place where all my neighbours owned guns, then I'd feel obliged to get one myself. That or if hunting was a way of life.
Firearms have no place in my Canadian city/domestic world.

Maybe its just that I find guns scary. A gun gives anybody the power to take someone or something else's life away. The fact that anyone (children, people with mental problems, no gun handling/training, wacked political activists, etc...) can buy a gun really scares me. Recently in the Ottawa area a 10 year old child took his fathers hunting rifle and shot a man for no apparent reason. The boy had been instructed on loading/firing/handling the weapon and the father had left it unlocked and accessible. The man who had been shot lived, and is recovering in hospital, while the father of the child has been fined and charged. I realize that this case is an exception, but it can not be denied that if no gun was present in the household that no shooting would have taken place.

I apologize for my earlier misquote.
"Owning a gun implies that you're going to shoot someone." Obviously it is not a sound statement. A better statement would have been "Owning a gun implies that you will shoot something." Something being hopefully just a target.

To each their own. Shooting is a hobby and I know that some people really enjoy it. It's just not for me. I prefer throwing stuff and cracking jokes.

[This message has been edited by Brian Wilson (edited 02-22-2001).]
Old 02-22-01, 12:09 PM   #11
Vantage

Send a message via ICQ to Vantage
Since when does owning a gun imply that you intend to shoot someone??
I own several guns. I used to shoot in competitions, for enjoyment. I still target shoot regularly. I certainly don't intend to shoot someone. I would never even consider it unless my life was on the line.
As far as canada goes, canadian law is canadian law. I personaly don't want to live in a place where anything is restricted from me. Life is life though.
I used to live in Montana. There was almost no crime at all there. Less even (per capita) then Canada. It also has one of the highest percentages (again per capita) of gun ownership in the WORLD.
It may work in some places and not in others. I would be happy to give up my guns if someone could prove to me that it would make any differance to anyone but me. I would miss them. If my guns don't hurt anyone then what differance does my owning them make??
Its like giving up AC in my car. I can live without it just fine, but here in Florida I would be much more comfortable with it.

My 2c

James Ashton
http://www.entertainfla.com
Old 02-23-01, 04:20 PM   #12
jester

Clown

The idea that you need a gun incase the rest of your fellow citizens vote in the next Adolph Hitler is stupid. If he came in he too would ban guns.

In the US people have long campaigned to make burning the flag a jailable offence and technically it is in several states.

While I understand that not everyone who owns a gun wants to shoot people, it is difficult to argue with statistics. In Britain, Guns are very difficult to obtain. Of course serious criminals can get them, but most killings by guns are not serious criminals but disorganised people who could lay their hands on a gun very quickly.

It is the gun itself which is your enemy. Psychologists and experts have much evidence to draw upon and most agree that guns are dangerous in the wrong hands.

Shooting guns is not a sport. It is a dumb pastime which can be easily simulated with lasers and computers and shock pads. Think of all the idiots you know. Do you really think it is right that they can buy a gun and give it to their children?

For a real laugh on the subject see any John Wayne movie.

Good to see George Bush has restarted the cold war. I could swear his daddy already took credit for winning it.

Old 02-23-01, 05:02 PM   #13
Vantage

Send a message via ICQ to Vantage
Ok Yes there are idiots out there. There are idiots in government too. THEY have access to the whole army and atomic bombs.
This is mainly a question of majority and personal beliefs.I have no argument with people who want to ban guns. I am just not one of them. I don't see being safe in a country that thinks restricting access to anything makes certain people safer. Taking away peoples rights to do or have anything is wrong.
All people are entitled to there own opinions. But you will notice that the majority of the people in the U.S. and in the world in general are against banning guns. I know some countries have very strict gun laws. They still have murders happening. Many of them have a lower murder rate, I understand this. There isn't that signifigant a differance though.
This is just my opinion. There are many out there.

------------------
James Ashton
http://www.entertainfla.com
Old 02-24-01, 06:09 AM   #14
Chance

Opinions are cool, but FACTS are indisputable: It is NOT a jailable offense in ANY part of the USA to burn the flag, no matter what you believe! And just yesterday (Fri) on CNN there was a report on how the crime rate of England is now higher than the US. Go figure!

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!" Famous Dead American
Old 02-24-01, 01:39 PM   #15
Frisbee

Interesting note on the republican party...I am currently here in San Francisco and there is a street named bush...some creative artist created all new street signs matching the real ones and post it right above or before Bush street comes upon you...this new street sign reads "puppet" Very funny.

www.FrisbeeShow.com
Old 02-24-01, 06:04 PM   #16
jester

Clown

The difference in death rate between countries with strict gun controls and those without is very significant.

Death by guns has little to do with crime. The rate of death by gun in USA is more than 1000 times higher than UK. Go figure.

Guns are stupid and you are stupid to believe otherwise.

Fact: Children die in USA every year because any idiot is allowed constitutionally to have a gun. You would rather they died than have your right to bears arms tampered with?

Most crime is minor. If only criminals carried guns in USA you would still cut gun death down by about 80% Go figure.

Very few countries have liberal gun laws like the United States. It isn't murder that is the issue here, it is manslaughter.

Could we keep this on topic please. If anybody wants to discuss the gun issue could they start a new thread. This thread was for people with humour.

I loathe and detest to the utmost, people who are stupid enough to beleive that their right to carry a gun is more important than the lives of all the people who are shot every year by people stupid enough to carry them.

Is that clear enough. It isn't an anglo american thing, I love Americans. It isn't just an opinion. It is because I love life.

I've experienced at first hand what happens if people have guns in the house and that was in Britain where guns are scarce. If my loved ones can be that unlucky here, you could probably end up being that unlucky too.

Old 02-26-01, 01:47 PM   #17
Pokie-Poke

Exclamation

What started out as a bad joke has turnd into a bad discution. other than gun spining and wild west shows what dose this have to do with PERFORMING???
I to have strong opinons on this subject how ever this is not the place for it.
I would also like to see you back up your stats.
It is Illagle to desacrate a flag. yes this covers burning it, it also includs letting it tuch the ground!! This is a fedral law not a state law. no you will more likly not go to jail for it.but a fine can be imposed, you are more likly to go to jail for a parking ticket, unless your braking local fire laws.
as far as guns go...why is it that WashingtonDC va have both the highest murder rate and the strictest gun laws(a kid asked for a balloon gun while I was twisting doun in va. for some reason I did not do it, I think the kid was bing a brat. when a cop came up to me and thanked me. you see the balloon gun would brake va's "silowet law" and he would have to arest me!!! the charge is the same as if I had a gun!!!
There are more than enough laws one the books try prosicuting and convicting the crimanals first. If you want to take my gun..(I don't own onebut you get the point)...you first, then the cops. then I'll think about it.
the majority of gun VIOLINCE in the USA is from ILLAGALE guns how do more laws help this? It is Illagale to shot some one. so what difrancs dose it make to take a leagle gun away when it wasent the problem in the first place.

boy that's a lot of shit from someone who dosent want this topic to continue.
Old 03-01-01, 03:40 AM   #18
Chance

My favorite line for balloon guns is, "Sure I can make one, but there is a 7-day waiting period."
Old 03-01-01, 10:22 AM   #19
Pokie-Poke

I love it
Old 03-12-01, 07:28 PM   #20
jester

Clown

Okay I give up. Everybody who wants to drive a motor car should be able to do so without passing any form of test.

Anybody who wants to practice medicine or fly a jumbo jet should be able to do so. And any dim wit who believes that by carrying a hand gun he can help make the world a better place can fight to the death to defend my right to call him a moron if he wants.

I have my opinion and I'm glad it upsets the stupid.

Sigh!

Okay you can't go to jail for burning the flag. Whoopee doo.

What kind of countries have leaders who insist on wearing military clothing whenever they appear in public. Countries with dubious democratic processes normally. Places like Iraq, Libya, er.. The USA?

Heh Heh.